Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
We are looking for an organised, efficient, and communicative Mental Health and Psychosocial (MHPSS) Supervisor to coordinate between our organisation and another entities. In this role, s/he shall act as the intermediary between our organisation and the other entities to streamline operations, resolve issues, improve communication, and generally to ensure that the relationship is as beneficial as possible.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Afrin, the Mental Health and Psychosocial (MHPSS) Supervisor reports directly to the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Manager.
- Technical support
- Training and capacity building
- Project Follow-Ups
- Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- Development and Implementation of Preventive Measures
- Other Duties
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date clinical supervision on a weekly basis to MHPSS Staff;
- Evaluate beneficiaries’ satisfaction and quality of care provided and overall implementation through satisfaction surveys, monitoring tools and other tools as may be necessary;
- Conduct Self Care practices and interventions with implementing partner’s Staff;
- Ethical Considerations in Group Counseling and Issues in Group Co-Facilitation.
- Provide supervision, case consultation and advice to DDD and partner MHPSS team – Facilitate weekly group and individual supervision sessions;
- Supervise facilitated group support sessions with MHPSS teams;
- Facilitate weekly group supervision sessions and individual supervision sessions.
Training and Capacity Building
- Develop and Provide MHPSS, Trauma and the Psychosocial Effects of War and PFA to implementing partner’s staff;
- Refining Psychosocial Needs Assessment Protocols and Skills;
- Clinical Guidelines for Trauma Counseling Groups.
- S/He to ensure activities are up to standard and results are in line with project objectives and outcomes
- S/he will ensure disaggregated and cumulative tracking of MHPSS Staff and documentation of all activities and outcomes;
- S/he will maintain program files and documentation as per program management minimum standards, including maintaining the confidentiality and security of supervision data;
- S/he will ensure programming is on track to meet objectives; reporting regularly on important issues that are cross-cutting.
Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- In collaboration with the mental health team, explore and detect potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population;
- When required, coordinate with other stakeholders to reduce and/or eliminate potential risk factors.
Development and Implementation of Preventive Measures
- In collaboration with the mental health team, develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community.
- She/he will assist the MHPSS Coordinator in providing sufficient and detailed information for activity reporting and evaluation;
- To report accurately to the MHPSS Coordinator on Psychosocial Support activities, participate in the Monitoring of the project, and produce relevant information about the project activities and achievements.
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his line manager;
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented to comply with donor audit requirements.
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology,
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology is highly preferable.
- On-the-job training and supervisory experience, at least 3 years of experience in a similar managerial position.
- Fluent in Arabic and English , oral and written, is mandatory , Turkish and Kurdish will be an asset .
Professional experience and Skills
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook)
- Personal qualities as diplomacy, patient confidentiality, multi-cultural flexibility, stress management and a strong sense of integrity
- To be receptive, sensitive and an excellent listener
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public, with good understanding of at stakes.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions.
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 24.11.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.