MHPSS & Protection Manager Hatay (Ref: 202303101050)
|Dünya Doktorları Derneği||Hatay|
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Antakya Coordination Office, the MHPSS/Protection Manager is under the line management of the Program Coordinator Syria and has the Protection Coordinator as technical referent.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
- Programming of MHPSS and protection activities
- Technical oversight of MHPSS teams and protection teams
- Coordination with services and relevant partners
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of activities
- Community Connection and Protection Monitoring
- Coordination, representation related to
- Organizational Development
- Other duties
Programming of MHPSS and protection activities
- Mainstream Protection and MHPSS guidelines across DDD programming;
- Support and guide DDD Syria program team to ensure protection and MHPSS actions are standardized across the organization;
- Develop protection and MHPSS guidelines following international standards and ensuring that they are effectively understood and implemented by Syria program team in the field;
- Work closely with the protection teams, MHPSS teams, Medical teams, and field coordinators to provide technical guidance in protection and MHPSS mainstreaming;
- Support Medical and MHPSS teams to ensure that protection referral mechanisms are implemented in all DDD health facilities, according to inter-agency pathways defined by Protection Cluster;
- Work closely with Medical and MHPSS teams to improve service provision for Gender Based Violence survivors in DDD primary health care centers;
- Work closely with MEAL department to ensure that quality needs assessments are conducted;
- Work closely with MEAL Department to improve accountability practices implemented in the field, focusing on review of Complaints and Feedback Mechanism;
- support DDD Coordination team to develop and implement a Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policy for DDD operations;
- Ensure, in line with DDD internal rules and regulations, that donor regulations and international humanitarian standard (such as SPHERE) are applied during the management of the activities;
- Whenever possible, conduct cross-border field visits to assess program quality and progress toward objectives, provide trainings, facilitate collective problem solving with staff and other stakeholders to address challenges;
- Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analyzing the consequences of political decisions and share with the team in a timely manner;
- Assess coordination and field team’s skills and knowledge related to protection and MHPSS mainstreaming, prepare a capacity building plan and provide ongoing trainings and technical support to the teams;
- Promote age, gender and diversity sensitive approaches into the program activities;
- Lead the planning and oversee Protection MHPSS program activities in the project area, in coordination with Protection Coordinator and Field Coordinators, ensuring activities respond to MHPSS standards, are meaningful for the needs of the population, culturally appropriate;
- Provide technical leadership to the Protection and MHPSS field teams, and be the technical referent for Protection and MHPSS supervisors of Syria field teams;
- Create and update job profiles of MHPSS staff and participate actively in recruitment processes;
- Lead regular technical meetings of field teams and ensure adequate communication flow among team and with coordination on all matters relevant to the delivery of Protection and MHPSS services;
- Ensure good communication among team is in place, and internal referral paths are established, in order to provide client-centered care;
Coordination, Representation and Partnerships
- Represent DDD and ensure good relations with all stakeholders;
- Participate in relevant technical coordination meetings and working groups;
- Participate in communication with relevant partners to highlight the needs and issues affecting the well-being and access to rights of refugee communities in NW Syria;
- Advocate for mental health initiatives; develop partnerships that can increase the reach and scope of Protection and MHPSS service delivery;
- Prepare protection and MHPSS cctors service mapping in areas of intervention;
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Ensure that all data are disaggregated by sex and age, in order to develop profiles on the different needs and realities of women, girls, boys and men, for reporting and analysis purposes;
- Regular follow up on data collection and making sure of monitoring tools and satisfaction surveys are collected regularly
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented.
- Provide technical input for reports;
- Prepare regular updates and reports on activities and progress made;
- Ensure analysis of data and produce monthly data and narrative reports of activities, and other reports as necessary;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Provide technical input for donor proposals and reports;
- The design, promotion and elaboration of new interventions at Syria Program level, ensuring protection and MHPSS mainstreaming;
- Stimulate and maintain active exchange of protection and MHPSS information within the region on useful news, publications, tools, best practices and lessons learned.
- Do business travel whenever needed and requested
- Possible cross-border visits to Afrin District (optional);
- Participate in the team meetings;
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by line manager
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
University degree or equivalent level in social sciences, sociology, psychology or public health disciplines or similar.
- At least 3 years of significant experience in similar positions and/or in the humanitarian aid sector;
- Knowledge of the Syrian crisis and humanitarian context;
- Experience on protection and MHPSS mainstreaming is essential;
- Experience on mainstreaming is essential;
- Strong knowledge about GBV and programming, including gender equality, and inclusion of people with disabilities and older people.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in training and capacity-building.
- Required: English & Arabic (oral and written)
- Preferred: Turkish
General Qualities required:
- Analytical thinking to evaluate different approaches/solutions for a specific environment
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment
- Ability to seek, collect, and critically analyses data and information needed to achieve the tasks
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts
- Organisation, planning and prioritising abilities
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
The deadline for submitting the applications is 09.04.2023.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.