International Sustainability and Development Yönetim Danışmanlık Hizmetleri ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi (hereinafter “ISD”) is seeking a MEL Manager to join our team. ISD is an international development company that promotes meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
2. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager will be responsible for assisting the MEL Director with the implementation of the MEL plan and designing and populating ISD’s MEL system. S/he will work with technical staff to oversee tools for data collection, storage, and analysis. S/he will help train staff and partners on MEL system operations, collection methods, and tools.
The MEL Manager will adhere to and act in accordance with ISD’s professional code of ethics, “Living Our Values,” and will make the principles of the code a part of the program’s culture and operating procedures. S/he will uphold ISD 's safeguarding standards at all times and will promote a safeguarding culture among partners, beneficiaries, and staff. S/he will also foster and maintain good relationships with potential and actual grantees, will disclose any affiliations that could be perceived as a conflict of interest, and will maintain confidentiality regarding program activities.
3. DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the MEL Director in the development and monitoring of the project’s and the partners’ MEL plans
- Creates and develops tools and templates for field staff to collect data and for office-based staff to analyze data
- Create reporting templates and data collection tools for partners’ MEL staff to collect data and report against the project logical framework.
- Communicate on daily basis with the project partners MEL staff to follow-up on MEL plans and planned MEL activities.
- Reviews grantees’ monthly MEL reports and approve them for grants payments
- Analyzes relevant data on project indicators for contractual reports
- Conducts periodic training for project staff, stakeholders, and/or partners. Shares information to help them monitor the progress of their work and use the data for strategic decision-making
- Collects quantitative data for quarterly reports and upon DFID’s request for review by the MEL director
- Analyze qualitative data as needed per the research agenda, designs KPIs and FGDs methodologies for field staff to collect qualitative data when needed
- Prepares drafts of relevant sections of donor contractual reports, for MEL Director review
- Evaluates grantees’ progress in implementing grant monitoring and evaluation plans, and coordinates with grantees and other staff to ensure that monitoring and evaluation data and final reports are provided for MEL Director’s review
- Maintain complete and accurate monitoring and evaluation files, including MEL data in grant files using the ISD grants file checklist
- Work with the MEL Data Management Specialist on checking Kobo toolbox data, validate for school site visit reports, and prepare first draft of requested report for MEL Director review
- Conducts an initial review of Field Monitors schools site visit reports
- Prepares initial drafts of Success Stories and other reports for MEL Director review, as requested
4. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment is long-term through the life of the programme
5. LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be conducted in Gaziantep with intermittent travel.
- At least 3 years of experience in designing and utilizing tools for data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of donor-funded projects
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Bachelors’ degree in social sciences or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of Syria context, conflict and security situation in Syria, previous experience in Syria strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, and experience with reporting and analysis software is preferred.
- Excellent communication, and writing/reporting skills.
- Team player with the ability to also work independently.
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic required.
- Turkish nationality is required
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
7. SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The MEL Manager will report to the MEL Director
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply button referring to the position they are applying for by December 18th, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted