Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Doctors of the World / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Istanbul, Medical Supervisor will be directly supervised by the Deputy Programme Director. He/she will be responsible for the related tasks in case absence of the Medical Coordinator or similar role for Syria.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract(extension is possible)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
- Policy Development
- Technical Support and Supervision
- Training and Capacity Building
- Coordination with the other service providers and duty bearers
- Assessment and Monitoring
- Representation in coordination meetings
Technical Support and Supervision
- Strategize/conceptualize DDD’s PHC and SRH activities in accordance with the context of the project locations.
- Advise to the programme team in his/her area of responsibility
- Work in collaboration and coordination with Grants Coordinator, Protection Coordinator, Medical Coordinator and MHPSS coordinator.
- Contribute in project writing to the Grants team.
- Review/update medical teams’ job decsriptions and SOP;
- Participate with partner’s teams in the implementation of the primary health care package in the project locations following Turkish health regulations;
- Ensure quality of the services provided in the supported structures corresponds to DDD standards and practice;
- Supervision of the DDD’s medical teams providing health care services in the areas of intervention;
- Ensure drugs and equipment purchase & stock management are consistent with and relevant to the health care services expected within DDD operations;
- Contribute to the analysis for the development/review/upgrade of drugs, protocols and guidelines related to primary health care services, as required;
- Provide inputs to Field Coordinator/Programme Coordinator in the development of the above areas of priority, as per DDD strategic directions.
Training and Capacity Building
- Propose and develop strategy of capacity enhancement of the medical team;
- Ensure that the supervision tools and grids are being used in the project;
- Identify training needs of the medical team, plan capacity enhancement accordingly; and adapt the training provided to the relevant needs in each location.
Assessment and Monitoring
- In coordination with Field Coordinators, design and participate in need based assessments for the implementation of DDD new activities;
- Monitor and report the morbidity and operational data collection, including donor indicators.
- Develop and implement reporting tools and take actions on the field to ensure that appropriate data is collected.
- Prepare reports, monitor and evaluate activities as per DDD commitments and plans;
- Contribute to context update and displacement tracking;
- Provide regular reporting on activities to Line-Manager upon his/her solicitation;
- Provide your line-manager with a Handover Report at the end of contract.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Education & Qualification
- A university degree in Medicine, master degree on Public Health preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in health sector in Türkiye
- NGO/INGO experience is an asset(minimum 2 years)
Skills and Qualities Required
- Familiar with international NGO culture or multicultural environment;
- Proactive, adaptable and capacity to take initiatives;
- Good Computer skills;
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility
- Resilience to stress;
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness;
- Good analytical skills;
- Organization and ability to manage priorities;
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions;
- Available for frequent field visits, including cross-border
- Required: Turkish & English
- Asset: Arabic
General Qualities Required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
The deadline for submitting the applications is 19.08.2023
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- Acil: Birincil Basamak Sağlık Hizmeti Doktoru(Urgent: PHC Doctor) HATAY
- Acil: Şoför(Urgent: Driver) HATAY
- Emergency Call: PSS Officer HATAY
- Logistics Coordinator
- Emergency Call: Gynaecologist Hatay
- Public Health Mediator Hatay
- Medical Coordinator
- Emergency Call: HR & Admin Officer Hatay
- Acil: Ebe (Urgent: Midwife) HATAY
- Accountability Officer Istanbul
- Grants Officer
- HR & Admin Officer Based in Hatay with Syria visits
- Protection Coordinator İstanbul
- MEAL Officer Antakya
- Media Officer Syria