Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Izmir with regular visits to Istanbul and other turkey locations, the Medical Referent is directly responsible to Medical Coordinator and responsible for the medical activities over Turkey program.
- CONTEXT ANALYSIS / NEEDS ASSESSMENT
- IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING OF ACTIVITIES
- COORDINATION/ External Communication
CONTEXT ANALYSIS / NEEDS ASSESSMENT
- The Medical referent will be in charge of monitoring the development in the area and focusing on the humanitarian needs. Sharing the analysis with the line manager.
- Keep regular contact with doctors and stakeholders inside the catchment area to keep continuous needs assessment and situation analysis.
- Regular Visits to health MMUs.
- Identify needed support (trainings, drugs-consumables-medical equipment supply) for health activities supported.
- Fill assessment reports and all the relevant tools agreed with Med Co and Field Co.
IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING OF ACTIVITIES
- Implement reporting of Morbidity Data on monthly bases by each health MMUs supported.
- Collect monthly consumption records and submitting to Pharmacist.
- Providing technical support to the health staff to improve the data collection.
- Improve the quality of care in the health MMUs supported by DDD.
- Assess and conduct trainings Medical and paramedical training: hygiene/ waste management, antibiotics use, Pharmacy management…
- Propose any implementation of medical protocols, update it if necessary.
- Make sure medical staff has available protocols and guidelines, update if necessary.
- Follow up of the donations to the partners.
- Propose improvement of health facilities organization.
- Develop necessary tools with Medical Coordinator for the improvement of activities monitoring.
- Train team members on the implementation of the tools and follow up implementation.
- Compile all monitoring tools produced for partners.
- Maintain track record of health facilities needs requests and analyzing the monthly needs.
- Coordinate with other members of the team i.e. pharmacist, Log Officer to ensure smooth supplies to the partners.
- Support Log Officer in obtaining logistical information to prepare proper documentation i.e. Transportation feed receipts, Donation Certificates etc.
COORDINATION/ External Communication
Upon request of the Field Coordinator/medical coordination team:
- Maintain regular contacts with other medical NGOs and organizations staff in the field through feed-back regarding other support provided by partners;
- Map presence of other partners (INGOs) working in the area and update the information with Medical Coordinator to avoid duplication of support.
- Represent DDD as the Medical focal person in the areas of activities under responsibility.
- Liaise with community members on health issues.
- Representation of DDD in the meetings when requested.
- Provide a monthly data report based on the standard Data Tools from all the clinics supported by DDD.
- Provide update report of health needs and services situation in the area.
- Prepare the health facility assessment report based on assessment forms filled from the field and submit to the line manager.
- Provide short summary of any meetings attended.
- Keep DDD team informed on any issues related to logistics or pharmacy.
- Report any security related issues to the field Coordinator
- Supporting operational organization of field trips and DDD programs/activities
- Translate verbally and by written when necessary.
- Participate to internal meetings.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Medical doctor certificate
- More than 3 years of medical management experience with Medical NGOs and/or INGOs.
- Previous Experience in conflicts situations and IDPs setting-up.
- Proficient in Arabic and English (oral and written) is mandatory.
- Turkish will be a strong asset
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
Intellectual & Physical
- Good communication skills
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.