Vacancy Notice Number:
Istanbul – Türkiye
One Year Fixed Term Graded Contract (G5)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
6 December 2023
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Physician, Head of HA or PEC team in Istanbul and under overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer for Turkey (CMHO), the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Istanbul, Turkey.
The Data Processing Assistant provides information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the migrants. He/she may be assigned to one of two potential activities within the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC): the reception and data processing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Scheduling and Call Centre overall duties:
- Provide migrants’ information regarding health assessments by phone.
- Coordinate with embassies, UNHCR, Operation unit, and other IOM missions to schedule migrants for Pre-Migration Health Assessment, Pre-Departure Medical Procedures, Pre-Embarkation Check and other medical procedures.
- Make phone calls to migrants directly or using interpreters to inform medical procedures and collect required medical information for scheduling
- Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries;
- Prepare master lists of migrants scheduled for health assessment processing and submit them to respective service providers / relevant staff as required;
- Maintain daily statistics related to health assessments, and update the records; and,
- Contribute to customer satisfaction evaluation management.
Reception and Data Entry overall duties:
- Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), taking photos and loading on the image to the appropriate platform; and, printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
- Receive all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents Panel Physicians, update the database and forward for quality check if applicable.
- Transfer completed medical files to counterparts, and facilitate medically assisted movements in a way medical confidentiality is maintained in compliance with IOM Data Protection Principles;
- Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically;
- Maintain security of confidential Health data and personal information of IOM beneficiaries, contribute to fraud prevention and protection of the data.
- File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues;
- Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Administrative/Finance Assistant; and,
Data management duties;
- Maintain and produce statistical data on timely basis commensurate to the needs and demands of Health Assessment Programmes
- Conduct Quality Check of data entry in IOM database on regular basis
- Maintain tracking lists and conduct weekly pipeline checks for quality management of Health Assessment Programmes
- Monitor medical movements and Advance Booking Notifications, and provide timely assistance to CMHO and Pre-Departure Medical Screening team for medically assisted movements
Administrative and other programme support duties;
- Verify reimbursement invoices against IOM database or supporting documents and prepare PRF by allocating adequate WBS in coordination with Resource Management Officer and medical administrative assistant.
- Provide back up support to Senior Medical Administrative Assistant for MHD related logistics, procurement, and financial matters.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration Management/ Medical Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant working experience, or;
- Secondary School Diploma with at least five years of relevant working experience
- Proven experience in computer data entry, working experience in a call centre in medical setting;
- Practical knowledge of medical records management procedures;
- Experience in handling collecting, collating and managing medical data.
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in computer data entry, working experience in a call centre in medical setting.
- Proven high computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of basic medical terminology.
- Proven skills in data entry or IT background is an advantage
- With Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency:
Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering Results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 6 December 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.