The Medical advisor’s role has a technical supervisory role over the telehealth activities for COVID19. S/he ensures compliance to WHO’s technical recommendation and tailor them into the NWS context and collect and analyse sitreps on Covid-19 in other countries to enhance the knowledge of doctors if necessary and to be shared with Covid-19 Task Force if appropriate.
The role contributes to the development of the standard tools and technical guidelines which are translated into supervision tool, auditing the medical records and capacity building activity.
In consultation with the project manager and PARCIC, medical advisor will have a direct communication with the telehealth physicians working in telehealth unit
The position holder will ensure the quality of the provided consultation.
More specifically she/he will:
• Research and update the latest recommendation from WHO about COVID19 clinical management.
• Tailor WHO’s guideline to the NWS context with high coordination with WHO’s office in Gaziantep.
• Audit the medical record of patients and checks if the medical decision provided is scientifically sounds by assessing the alignment with WHO’s guidelines.
• Assess the need for training, case review, satisfactory reviews and other capacity building activities to be provided to the telehealth physicians.
• Conduct update, guideline revision session in monthly basis to ensure the alignment to the guidelines in place.
• Reporting the challenges and the most common issues in the practice of the telehealth physician
• Research the overall implementation activities technically, including activities happening outside Syria and Turkey and provide recommendation to the management.
• Lead the policies and SOPs development, if required, only according to their field of specialization
To be successful in this role, the candidate MUST be Medical doctor , infectious disease specialist, MSc public health, critical care , intensive care with minimum experience of 3-4 years in clinical management from health facilities.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Excellent qualitative analysis and report-writing skills.
• Experience in influencing and advocacy work including policy development and information provision in humanitarian issues.
• Good knowledge of research methodologies, experience in research design and roll-out, including experience in designing data collection tools.
• Effective verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to develop good insight and understanding of the conflict, the human rights situation and the political environment.
• Analytical and strategic thinking with proven ability to create and utilize qualitative and quantitative analyses in organizational planning.
• Proven experience in capacity building of teams, including development of training materials.
• Confident and decisive leadership, ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
• Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of other analysis software an advantage.
• Full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English and Arabic
Attribute and further role requirement
• Ability to communicate effectively with others.
• Ability to represent the organization image in professional manner.
• Commitment to humanitarian relief standards,
Abilities and Personal Skills
• High level of organizing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, remote management, and planning skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently,
• Ability to create new relations with active players in field.
• High level of flexibility to adapt to new environment, handle work load,
• High level of problem solving and decision-making skills
• Very good report writing skills.
• Leadership skills,
• Very Good computer skills (MS office)
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
Any published closing dates are estimated. WATAN has right to close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.