The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer manages information and reporting processes and products to ensure professional, high-quality communication about SYRIA RELIEF programmatic activities and results. The MEAL Officer will also play an important role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization. The MEAL Officer will assume responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of organization programs, developing appropriate methodologies and tools to design evaluations.
- Languages: Good in English and Arabic (writing –reading –speaking) other language will be desired especially Turkish
- Computing: Proficient in Power Bi and Microsoft Office including, excel, word, outlook etc.
- Knowledge of some of the following mobile technologies: Kobo, ODK, cloud databases, and familiarity with mobile devices strongly preferred
- Communication skills: strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organization and work prioritization
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methodologies and research design.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Project Management
- Remote management
- Work overtime when required
- Collaborative with other related departments e.g. supply chain, finance & HR …etc
- University degree preferred graduate with bachelor’s in business management, information technology, statistics science or another related certificates.
- At least one-year work experience in M&E preferred
- At least two years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector preferred
- Training and capacity building experience especially in M&E.
- Lead the implementation of the Syria Relief MEAL System from Turkey Office.
- Lead the creation and implementation of need, market and vendor assessments
- Raising and following up all documents related to implementing project MEAL activities (HPO, PR, DWR, PRF, CWP…etc.) within the appropriate time of the work plan.
- Capacity building for Syria MEAL staff in both humanitarian and MEAL fields.
- Supporting Turkey MEAL Assistant/ Syria senior MEAL officers in coding, cleaning and analyzing data process.
- Finalizing all project related MEAL draft reports (DM, PDM, Pre/Post KAP, Base/End-line, IPPT verification, etc.) within the agreed timeframe.
- Design and set up of the full program complaints and feedback mechanism (CFM) and information sharing system – including child friendly versions that are sensitive to gender and diversity.
- Responsible for track and review of Accountability Implementation Plan
- Assess the information and database to ensure that data is being collected and managed promptly and effectively.
- Conduct field monitoring and evaluating visits for spot-check MEAL system.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting, and acquittal of project activities in accordance with humanitarian accountability framework, relevant SPHERE standards, and essential environmental mitigation measures.
- Understand and carry out his duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, core values, Child Protection Policy, the Code of Conduct.
- Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the program cycle.
- Comply with the Syria Relief confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to Syria Relief practices and beneficiaries.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: MEAL Manager/coordinator, Project/Program Managers, M&E Officer, Accountability Officer, Field Staff.
- Ability to travel to Syria for oversight, management, and training purposes
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time while accompanying/training M&E Field Staff or meeting deadlines.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief with the job code “SR-TR-MEO-004“ in the subject line.
“All Suriye Yardım Derneğ members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as, SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct.”