Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in DDD Coordination Head Office, Istanbul, the MEAL Coordinator is under the line management of the Deputy General Director.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- External Reporting and Compliance
- Team Management
- Internal reporting
- Other related tasks
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- MEAL System development and implementation
- Develop and implement the M&E plan, in collaboration with operation and technical units;
- Oversee the timely development and implementation of the monitoring framework and tools, ensuring that qualitative and consistent information is available on program performance and impact;
- Data management/monitoring
- Ensure that data reported by the DDD and its partners meets the standards of data quality i.e. reliability, accuracy, timeliness, completeness and integrity;
- Ensure that information reported by the field (DDD and partners) meets MEAL and donors’ requirements, enhancing standard indicators method of calculation for the mission;
- Follow up the mission collection, analysis and interpretation of data, proposing re-adjustments when needed;
- Act as the technical referent at mission level for the use of relevant data collection system, provision of guidelines and on-the-job capacity building on data collection and general data management duties;
- Needs Assessments and Analysis
- Assures systematic collection, consolidation and analysis primary and secondary data and information pertaining to humanitarian needs in areas of DDD operations, or potential new areas of intervention;
- Maintain close linkage with Research Unit to assure two-way incorporation of relevant information/data in a mutually reinforcing manner to strengthen DDD’s overall comprehension of needs, local communities and refugee population;
- Updating overall humanitarian needs analysis on periodic basis based;
- Develop Needs assessment tools, SOPs and plans in compliance with relevant national rules/regulations;
- Training of relevant staff on related tools;
- Coordinate assessments at field level;
- Produce final assessment reports;
- Contribute to an Accountability Strategy in collaboration with Grants Manager;
- Contribute to the development of the complaint guidelines and tools for DDD;
- Ensure independent complaint mechanism is in place with complaints being reviewed independently and impartially by Senior Management Team;
- Evaluation and Learning
- Coordinate the production/commissioning of evaluations, reviews, surveys, assessments or special studies focusing on the overall performance programs;
- Produce M&E reports containing summary data, reviewing overall performance against targets and making overall recommendations, including best practices identified and lessons learnt;
- Support the project team and partners in extracting lessons learnt and good practices;
- Monitor and ensure that a management response to the findings and recommendations of evaluations is completed, recorded, and applied;
- External Reporting and Compliance
- Support the Grants Manager in the design and production of donors’ reports and proposals;
- Support adherence to donors’ guidelines, compliance and strategic orientations;
- Contribute to updates and information sharing with donors (updates on programs, partnerships etc.) in collaboration with Grants Manager;
- Assure compliance with relevant Data Protection rules and laws both national and international;
- Team Management
- Coordinate and supervise the MEAL unit, defining their action plan and deadlines, and supporting in conflict resolutions;
- Support the personal and professional evolution of the team members, as well as their development within the mission;
- Ensure respect and application of the Internal regulation, supporting the HR Department to define/adjust the rules considering the feedbacks from the team;
- Contribute to the recruitment and capacity building of team members, proposing relevant adaptations to the organisational chart of the mission, in collaboration with the line manager;
- Internal Reporting
- Ensure proper filing of all project documentation of the mission;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Participate in inter-agency technical working groups, coordination and other meetings relevant to MEAL activities;
- Participate in the development of DDD strategic directions;
- Any other duties related to his/her positions as required by DDD Management.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or related fields;
- At least 8 years of professional experience, including 3 years in management/supervision positions;
- Previous involvement in the humanitarian sector, as well experience in Turkey and Middle East contexts, will be an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of monitoring and reporting tools;
- Experience in project research and development.
- Required: English
- Preferred: Turkish, Arabic
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
- SPSS, GIS Mapping, Data Visualisation
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 20.10.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- MEDICAL REFERENT - IZMIR
- MEDICAL OFFICER - IZMIR
- ADMIN-HR OFFICER-ANTAKYA
- PHARMACIST ASSISTANT - JINDIRES
- INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR - JINDIRES
- PROJECT FACILITY MANAGER - SULTANGAZİ
- PROJECT PHC OFFICER-YENİKAPI
- Project Case Management Assistant - Yenikapı
- MISSION PHARMACIST - ANTAKYA
- PROJECT DRIVER - ANTAKYA