TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
Location: Gaziantep, Türkiye
Reports to: M&E Manager
Duration: 8 months (extendable upon funding)
ABOUT Relief International
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. RI is active in 16 countries around the world, including some of the most fragile: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, and Yemen. Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
RI employs 7,000+ staff and auxiliary workers 97% of staff are local nationals. We only have some 90 ex-pat staff out of 7,000+. RI spent $150 million in 2019 on our programs. Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
About our Country Program/ Regional Programs:
Middle East Region
RI in the Middle East has programs in six countries - Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, with a focus on the 4 main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently employs 3900 staff (direct and indirect) in the region and has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 70 million USD on an annual basis.
Relief International (RI) is actively looking for a skilled Policy and Advocacy Coordinator who will take the lead in enhancing the visibility of our operations, driving communications and advocacy initiatives throughout the entire country office, and represent our work in Disability and Inclusion Task Team in different fora. This role encompasses oversight of activities related to development of advocacy papers, and policy briefings rooted in RI's research and desk studies, representing RI in technical forums related to Disability and inclusion such as technical working groups, communication internally and externally, and oversight with partners’ communications. Additionally, the coordinator will be responsible for the organization and coordination of various events, which may include, but are not limited to, annual summits, stakeholder workshops, and roundtable meetings.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Manager, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and reliability of data collected at the partner centers and conducting related M&E activities in Türkiye. This position will work closely with the MEAL Officer and will be dedicated to the projects implemented in Türkiye.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1- Data Accuracy and Verification:
• Creating databases for the partners in accordance to the needs of the project, reporting and technical analysis requirements.
• Support the collection and management of datasets, including data entry or cleaning where needed, and verify and update collected data in the partner databases.
• Monitor the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of collected data during site visits/ spot checks.
2- Data Management and Visualization
• With support of the MEAL officer will produce shared tools that can provide updates for program staff and other technical departments.
• Perform needed data analysis, filtering and measure extract figures for the donor and internal indicators
• Update trackers, and Indicator Progress Tracking in accordance with the new needs and variables of comparisons from the data when needed.
3- Act as point of contact between field teams and RI Gaziantep office
• Liaise with partners to conduct planned M&E activities including meeting or calling beneficiaries when needed for any kind of assessment and/ or evaluation.
• Assist in identifying and implementing training needs for data collectors, data entry or other M&E staff at partner where appropriate.
• Follow up with partner M&E teams on the proper reporting of activities.
4- Program Support:
• Follow up with program staff on the facilitation of M&E activities as the communication channel with partners is through programs.
• Refer recommendation and action points from different sources of monitoring or evaluation activities to programs staff and technical department and follow up where needed (e.g. through partner monitoring checklists, or regular site visits)
• Provide beneficiary feedback and action points where needed to the program team regarding their responsibilities or other relevant departments’ in accordance with the feedback received through various channels such as patient exit surveys, focus groups, complaints and response mechanism, or during evaluations.
5- Assessments and Evaluations Support:
• In coordination with the technical unit, develop methodologies, calculate sample size, design the mobile data collection forms and conduct the post-treatment tools and hold FGDs for final evaluation of the projects, separately.
• Assist in the methodology, data collection, and analysis of the needs assessments and final evaluations as needed.
• Supervising the beneficiaries’ satisfaction and follow-up surveys that are preformed by enumerators.
6- Complaint, Feedback and Response Mechanism:
• Receive complaints and feedback through various channels, such as email, phone, mail, suggestion boxes, or in-person meetings.
• Accurately record all complaints and feedback, including the date, time, name of the complainant or feedback provider, nature of the complaint or feedback, and any relevant details.
• Contact complainants to gather additional information and clarify any issues
• Consult with relevant staff members to determine the appropriate course of action
• Keep complainants informed of the progress of their complaints
• Promote the CFRM system to stakeholders
• Managing a CFRM database
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure your job related activity and practice is compliant with safeguarding standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Diploma in a social science or related field-Degree in social sciences or related field preferred.
• At least one years’ experience in working in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Experience in conducting surveys, assessments, monitoring & evaluation activities.
• Experience in using mobile data collection (tools design – data collection – data retrieving – cleaning and analysis).
• Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities in Turkey and regarding the Syrian refugee context.
• Good reporting skills.
• Ability to organize and work independently and within teams.
• Advanced level of using assisting software packages like MS Word & MS Excel.
• Fluency in Turkish and Arabic; English is an asset.
Guided by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence, as well as “Do No Harm,” Relief International Values:
How to apply
- In case you meet the requirements and you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Cover Letter in English in addition to three professional references to provided. in email@example.com before , December 7, 2023, stating in the subject "MEAL Assistant "
**Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.**
***People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.***
Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Relief International has a zero-tolerance policy for unlawful harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
Note: Relief International is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
If needed, Relief International will submit a work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer is accepted - Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Türkiye will result in the employment offer being rescinded
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RI TÜRKİYE CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Relief International Türkiye (“RI Türkiye”) as a data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5/f processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject." RI Türkiye shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone, references, and CV/resume personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published RI Türkiye job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/resume to RI Türkiye directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, RI Türkiye is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with RI Türkiye.
You may submit your requests to RI Türkiye under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communique on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
For more information please click here.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.