Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Qah, Idleb, the logistics officer is under the line management of the Logistics Manager.
- Base establishment
- Fuel, Generator, Transport and vehicle Management
- Asset management and compound / facilities maintenance
- Warehousing and stock control
- Human Resource Management
- Other related tasks
- Base establishment
- Establishment of logistics systems according to DDD policies, procedures and guidelines, training staff under his/her direct supervision and ensuring logistics policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Do not accept money, loans, credits, gifts, entertainment or commissions from past, present or future suppliers.
- Implement and maintain DDD internal procurement procedures for the Base office, with records kept for a full audit trail standard under both DDD and donor regulations
- Through procurement of goods, services and works ensure support on programs delivery is of optimum level
- Ensure necessary authorizations / approvals are always obtained and execute the purchase and delivery of appropriate supplies in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Liaise and coordinate with related Logisticians and all relevant departments regarding the requisition, follow up and delivery of goods and keep all parties fully informed of any change.
- Build and maintain good professional working relationship with suppliers
- Identifying the needs in case any type of maintenance that needs to be realized according to the medical activities run in Qah area.
- Organizing job according to the requests raised by the medical team or identified by the logistics team.
- To negotiate their contracts duration of contract, conditions and payment) with the technical support of the Log Manager and the Administrative Department.
- Fuel, Generator, Transport and vehicle Management
- Ensure guidelines are followed to ensure the provision of transport services to relevant DDD team member and staff are efficient, sufficient and adhere with security procedure.
- Ensure safety standards in all vehicles in the fleet, including availability of necessary safety accessories and necessary communication equipment.
- Support maintenance / repair activities for all DDD vehicles and generators ensuring that any maintenance works are of a quality standard, efficient and executed in a timely manner
- Monitor maintenance costs and fuel consumption of vehicles and generators and inform the line manager whenever costs exceed normal rates and standards
- Ensure arability of logbook of fuel storage for generator and report to be submitted to his/her supervisors.
- Provide regular reporting on your activities to your Line-Manager upon his/her solicitation.
- Provide your line-manager with a Handover Report at the end of your contract.
- Warehousing and stock control:
- Ensure availability and weekly submission of all logistics report which comprised of :
- Inventory Report
- Vehicle performance Report
- Asset/Equipment Report
- Procurement Report
- Human Resource Management.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by line manager and/or technical advisor
- Define with your team members its action plan and deadlines for reaching goals.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- University degree in business administration, engineering or any related filed.
- 2-4 years relevant logistics/Procurement experience.
- Required: Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English.
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package.
Intellectual & Physical
- Good Communication skills
- Knowledge of security management systems and approaches for NGO’s
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 13.10.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.