The job holder will be responsible for carrying out logistics and procurement activities for all field offices as well as the representation office in line with AAR Japan Procurement Policy and Procedures and under supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Responsible for the procurement planning, implementation and follow up for Field Offices and Ataköy/Istanbul Office in line with AAR Japan Procurement Policies and Procedures
- Ensure timely logistics arrangements (such as reservations of the flight, accommodation, and other local transportation) for the local and international business trips of the staff of AAR Japan Ataköy/Istanbul Office, for the international AAR Japan staff making business trips to Turkey and for guests of AAR Japan
- Ensure implementation of all the procurement and logistics practices that s/he is responsible for in accordance with AAR Japan Procurement Policies and Procedures and assist Procurement and Logistics Manager for the implementation of the AAR Japan Procurement Policies and Procedures by the staff.
- Market research, quotation collection, benchmarking market prices and analysis of the quotations, recommending suppliers/quotations.
- Adding new supplier info into the Vendor List updating the Vendor List on a regular basis and follow up of the performances of the suppliers.
- Contributing to organize the processes of the Tenders for Supply of Goods and Services (such as tender announcements, provision of tender docs to suppliers, organize tender evaluation meetings as per the rules set out in the Procurement Guidelines, etc.)
- Liaising with local authorities, business partners, service providers and suppliers
- Ensure day to day filing of the necessary procurement and logistics documents.
- Preparation of Office reports, files and lists (such as Procurement Tracking Report, Asset List, Stock List, etc.) and consolidation and control of the lists, files and reports created by field logistics teams.
- Ensure working in coordination with the teams of the field offices and with all other team members.
- Keeping the fixed asset and stock records of the Representative Office up to date in accordance with AAR Japan Fixed Asset and Stock Management Policies and Procedures and making regular counts and reporting
- Management of mobile lines of all offices
- Assist Procurement & Logistics Manager in other various procurement & logistics processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a related educational background
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in procurement and logistics.
- Native Fluency in Turkish
- Good command of English
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience and ability to communicate in a positive and diplomatic way
- Experience and ability to negotiate
- Experience of taking initiative and being proactive
- Experience planning and organization skills
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment.
- Excellent personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work in different cities in Turkey.
- Turkish Citizenship
- Master Degree in related educational background
- 3 years professional experience or more in administrative and program work of I/NGOs.
- Familiar to humanitarian aid field
How to apply;
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to Recruitment@aarturkey.org indicating the code number which is IST-PLO-2023 in the subject line after filling the application form on:
by the 18th of December 2023.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
AAR Japan is committed to the welfare of children and other vulnerable groups and has a zero-tolerance policy towards Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment. The recruitment process also includes vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. AAR Japan may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment will not be recruited.
Please make sure that special categories of personal data (i.e. race, ethnicity, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion, sect or other beliefs, clothes and appearances, association, foundation or union membership, health data, sexual life, convictions, and safety precautions, biometric and genetic data) are not included in your transmitted CV. Please do not include personal data that you would not prefer to be processed in your curriculum vitae.
With your application to this announcement, you agree that all your personal data in your resume will be shared with and processed by AAR Japan according to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698
* In case your job application is successful, information and document indicating your criminal record and health report will be requested.