Vacancy Notice Number:
Logistics and Fleet Assistant
6 months Special Short-Term Contract -with possible extension (G4)
Deadline of Applications:
29 March 2019
Number of Vacant Positions:
Under the overall direction of the Head of Sub Office and the direct supervision of Logistics Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for vehicles fleet management, assets inventory management and office premises maintenance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor maintenance of office premises verifying cleanliness and hygiene of all offices, bathrooms, common spaces and parking area.
- Facilitate and arrange the request on repairs in the office and warehouse premises.
- Provide guidance to office and warehouse cleaners.
- Coordinate regular maintenance of office and warehouse generators, engine oil and other fluids levels proper maintenance including regular diesel refilling of the generators.
- Monitor and track assets procured for various projects within the emergency portfolio as well as the office assets and consumables to ensure there is no waste, fraud or misuse of equipment or materials and that surplus or excessive stocks of equipment are not being held.
- Assist IOM fleet management including day to day allocation of vehicles, tracking of vehicles movements, vehicles log-books maintenance and provision of monthly fleet operations reports. Follow-up on regular and proper maintenance, repairs, fuel supply, appropriate accident reports and safe running conditions for all vehicles.
- Asist with rental of additional vehicles/trucks whenever required and ensure proper insurance coverage.
- Prepare documentation for timely payment of rental vehicles. Maintain administrative and logistics files.
- Assist with purchase of office stationary, cleaning and hygiene supplies.
- Assist with organizing trainings and workshops for program staff as needed.
- Verify and regularly follow-up provider’s warranties and after sales services offered.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field from accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School Certificate in above field with four years of relevant professional work experience.
- Experience in procurement and logistics sectors, material control, transport and inventory, building management and construction;
- Experience in procurement process;
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial procedures;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail oriented;
- Proficiency in MS office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies –
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to provided in the apply/başvur button or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 29 March 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Assistant
- Operations Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant (CCCM)
- Community Support Counsellor
- National Programme Officer (Immigration and Border Management (IBM))
- On-call Child Care Room Facilitator
- Senior Project Assistant (Protection)
- Senior Project Assistant (Shelter and WASH)
- Senior Project Assistant (Shelter)
- Project Assistant (CBCM)
- On call Cleaner
- Project Support Clerk (Education)
- Senior Outreach and Liaison Assistant (PSEA Network)
- Senior Project Assistant (Capacity Building)
- Nurse Medical Escort (On-Call Basis)
- Migration Health Nurse (On-Call Basis)