Post Title: Logistic Officer
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Mardin, Turkey
Duration: Contract until 31 July 2020 with a possibility of extension (2 months probation)
Application closing Date: 15/10/2019
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Under the direct supervision of the Logistic Expert, the Logistic Officer provides efficient and effective logistics support to to the projects and Country Office assigned to him/her, in particular:
- Inventory Control of Supplies
- Transporting and Distributing Supplies
- Maintaining all logistic records
Responsibilities of the Logistician:
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, he/she manages and processes supplies requests for the relevant projects.
- Ensures the proper functioning of supply chain including procurement planning
- Procurement of relief items
- Planning commodity schedules for project activities in close cooperation with relevant project staff.
- Organizing, and if necessary undertaking, local purchases ensuring adherence to established procedures.
- Ensure documentation on receipt of goods.
- Coordinate with the Transport/Shipping Officer the dispatch of goods to project areas in Syria and Turkey.
- Liaising with the Suppliers for all local purchases.
- Maintain and update suppliers list.
- Implement effective control of assets, inventory and property management.
- Implement proper control and monitoring procedures for all contracts
- Coordinate with relevant authorities and prepare paperwork for cross border operations, customs procedures and tax exemptions.
- Training of other staff in their role in implementing the logistics system. Ensuring all staff is familiar with, know how to use, and are using the various logistics forms and carrying out training as required.
- Drafting of contracts/agreements
- Assisting in logistical parts of proposal writing
- Facilitate communication in logistics team and other departments.
The logistician may also have responsibility for some aspects of:
- Assist in coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers, cleaning staff
- Manage staff movement
- Management of ICT materials
In addition to the above, the Logistician may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Logistics Expert.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Economics, Social Studies or a relevant vocational training
- Work Experience: 3-4 years professional experience in a similar position, in a non-profit organization
- Skills/knowledge: Knowledge and experience of MS Office
- Language Skills: English and Turkish (written & spoken)
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English only (CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references) to gelbasla.com 15.10.2019, at the latest.
Email subject line should read: Job Application – Logistic Officer
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.