Direct Supervisor: Project Manager
- About MSYD
The Association of Assistance, Solidarity and Support for Refugees and Asylum-Seekers (MSYD) was established as an independent non-governmental humanitarian aid organization in Istanbul in 2015 to identify the needs of individuals and communities adversely affected by natural disasters and human-made conflicts, and to improve the living conditions of different social segments among the affected populations.
Our Association has the vision of establishing a dignified and equal life for everyone by starting to build lives with the motto “share the kindness” for refugees and persons of concern, affected by natural and/or human-made disasters. MSYD acknowledges, protects, develops and represents the importance of the concept of solidarity in the field with the affected population, and is determined to always reflect the added value of any practice that is woven between all connotations of the concept of solidarity with affected population groups. MSYD also closely monitors current and possible trends at local, national and global level towards excluding girls, women and disabled people in certain positions. In this sense, MSYD attaches strategic importance to preventive, responsive and gender-based methods in activities carried out in line with the unmet needs of these population groups.
Our Association aims to equip its institutional structure to meet the emerging needs of refugees and persons of concern, to play a pro-active role in determining the needs of the groups we serve, to develop integrated and combined project approaches and to implement humanitarian aid projects, to evaluate the feedback from the communities we serve, and it has the mission of functionalizing it as an important impetus in the way it functions and service. In this context, the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, accountability and gender equality are adopted as the founding principles of MSYD in the context of national legislation and international humanitarian aid standards. In this general context, it is planned to carry out activities within the framework of emergency action plans in order to meet the urgent and prioritized basic needs of the target groups immediately after the crisis developments, and then the implementation of projects in order to meet special and specific needs on the axis of reconstruction and rehabilitation works.
MSYD pays attention to reflect its institutional technical expertise and significant experience in humanitarian aid to every layer of project implementation. MSYD, as a principle and value, produces durable solutions for different social groups (girls, women, youth, adults, disabled people, etc.). MSYD also determines its strategic plans and program specific activities to develop potential and alternative service approaches based on gender equality.
* As MSYD, we support the applications of qualified female candidates in this field.
- Job Summary
The Livelihood Officer is responsible of maintaining and ensuring the quality of Livelihood activities implementation under the direct management of Project Manager. He/she will support the overall administration of the Livelihood program, track program progress, ensure SOPs are adhered to, and prepare documents for approval. S/He will be also directly contributing in developing activities under livelihoods component of the project.
- Essential Job Duties and Scope of Work:
Within delegated authority, Livelihood Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Implementing Livelihood activities under the relevant program.
- Identification and registration of beneficiary households for livelihood program.
- Regular monitoring of the activities at distribution level and off site with households.
- Need assessment through house holds’ survey.
- Ensuring timely implementation of livelihood activities.
- Support and develop market assessments in line with the program needs.
- Contribute to the design and content development of the livelihood activities.
- Working closely with Livelihood Team and Logistic Team to ensure all supply requests related to the project activities are done timely and according to procedures.
- Monitoring budget and report to Finance Officer in a timely manner for proper planning.
- Managing project activities in the targeted union councils.
- Supporting field staff for the timely implementation of activities at field level.
- Documenting in the timely manner, all progress challenges, and learning for future implementation of similar projects and accountability.
- Regular reporting on project status and achievement levels and consolidate program-related information into program.
- Provide inputs requested by the grants department related to the regular internal and external reports.
- Work with the MEAL department to ensure proper projects indicators tracking in the field and facilitate on-site monitoring activities.
Administration and Other Tasks:
- Maintain the shared workspace for the Livelihood Team.
- Ensure reports, data and program tools are regularly reviewed, shared with stakeholders, and stored/filed appropriately.
- Support the logistics activities of shelter staff, particularly in relation to the purchasing of supplies and equipment for the assigned shelter activities.
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent, and supportive communication structures with the Livelihood Team, other teams in MSYD.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Senior Management Team, Head Office in Ankara to determine the operational needs of the country program;
- Assist project managers to maintain close, monthly communication and positive working relations at all times with the local implementing partners, donor representatives, international stakeholders and local authorities;
Human Resources Management
- Ensure compliance with all local labor laws including working hours;
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field and HQ office staff;
- Fully apply MSYD policies in a fair and consistent manner, documenting decisions properly and ensuring a positive sense of teamwork and shared responsibility among all program staff.
- Maintain frequent and pro-active communication with MSYD Executive Director and Head of Programs, program managers, donor representative(s), and government representative(s) to report on implementation of program activities and objectives, operational needs or constraints, program successes, and any seen or unforeseen challenges that are encountered during program implementation;
Safety and Security
- Model good practice in safety and security at all times, complying with all MSYD internal security policies regarding movement restrictions, obtaining necessary authorization before beginning any domestic travel, and following personal security best practices;
- Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies by all subordinate staff, document any security incidents experienced during program implementation, and disseminate security warnings or announcements to program field teams as appropriate.
- University degree in Development Studies, Economics, Business Administration, Management or other closely relevant fields and/or 2-year experience in livelihood programs.
- Relevant professional experience of not less than 3 (three) years.
- Familiarity/prior experience with internally displaced persons and refugees-returnees.
- Familiarity/prior experience with Humanitarian/NGO sector would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with logistics, HR, Finance and administrative processes.
- Excellent technical skills in proposal writing, analysis and report writing.
- Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships with partners, local authorities and community organizations.
- Computer/IT literacy (Particularly Microsoft Office Programs)
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Turkish.
- Persian(Farsça) language skill is a plus.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- In relation to their level of skills and experience the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time that are reasonable.