The Liaison Officer (LO) will be based in Antakya and is responsible for the representation and profiling of ACTED’s projects and assurance that ACTED projects are being represented in line with ACTED strategy and positioning in the Republic of Turkey. The LO will perform liaison functions between Turkish government agencies and ACTED, advocating for the organization’s interests and developing a profile for ACTED in Turkey. He/She will be the focal point in communication with Turkish governmental agencies.
Duty Station: Hatay/ Antakya
a) Positioning ACTED as an organization committed to humanitarian relief and development in accordance with ACTED country strategy
b) Serving as principal focal point for the provision of communication between ACTED and National Government of Turkey and Governorate authorities in Hatay/Mersin/Gaziantep
c) Helping other staff in issuing work permit, residency and legal papers required for work
d) Supporting staff documents to be compliance with ACTED Procedures & Turkish law
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Principal Responsibilities Representation / Liaison with Governorate Authorities:
• Develop and maintain relations with authorities in the appropriate governorate Ministries (i.e. MONE, MFSA, etc.)
• Sharing relevant information with national and local authorities regarding planning, programme implementation and monitoring
• Ensure ACTED programme implementation plans and priorities are disseminated and understood by relevant authorities
Strategy and Planning
• Policy Mapping
• Develop new methodologies to improve the liaison processes, keep abreast of relevant best practices and new developments affecting ACTED
• Keep abreast of the latest data/developments/schemes, necessary for Govt. Liaison Implementation
• Develop short-term action plans. Plan meetings/ orientation programmes well in advance, based on overall strategy, in consultation with the ACTED Offices in Antakya and Amman
• Expand State / District level government interaction network and reporting in consultation with the Senior Area Coordinator / Senior Deputy Area Coordinator,
• Building a systematic approach to issues and crisis management for ACTED
• Supporting ACTED in resolving any potential difficulties in ACTED’s relationship with government bodies
• Supports in all Govt related activities---MoUs, Permission letters from Governor Office, developing a strong network with the district authorities at district and State level.
• Support program implementation teams for Turkey in linking them with government sectors involved in humanitarian activities such as NGO Directorate, AFAD, MONE, the etc.-on request by team members
• All MoUs/ Permission Letters from the government of the assigned districts---drafting, tracking files (new, renewal, amendment)
• Attending meetings in consultation with the Senior Area Coordinator/Senior Deputy Area Coordinator and preparing the minutes of the meetings. Keeping a track record of the minutes of all meetings
• Ensure compliance of ACTED to legal requirements of the country, including visa and work permit requirements follow-up for staff.
• Follow-up national regulation, taxes, registration of assets, etc…
• Follow up and update the crossing border lists
• Ensure the compliance of National staff contract procedure
• Follow up of all liaison activities
• In close coordination with the HR department, ensure legal compliance towards health and safety law.
1. Key Performance Indicators
• Regular and timely holding of meetings with governmental parties
• Network map
• % of feedback & notes sharing after each meeting
• % of permission to conduct activities in the country
• % of work permits, residency obtained for ACTED Staff
• Regular & timely submission of crossing border lists
• % of complaints received from staff and solved in line with Turkish labour law and ACTED procedures
• Goal oriented with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to the vision and goals of the organization.
• Ability to think strategically and translate thinking into action plans that accomplish goals
• Postgraduate degree in law, public administration, humanities, social sciences or social work
• Minimum 3 years of experience with strong experience in liaison functions
• Excellent understanding of socio-political developments in Turkey
• Good knowledge of computer - Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Confident, self-driven and a team player.
• Willingness to travel at least 20% and up to 50% of the time.
• Excellent organization skills with the ability to coordinate activities and projects; experience in supporting project development
• Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to easily establish and maintain relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds both internally and externally; able to advocate on behalf of the organization
• Excellent command over written and spoken English and Turkish
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.