Junior Project Assistant (Ref: SVN#TR/2023/12)
Vacancy Notice Number:
Junior Project Assistant
Ankara – Türkiye
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G3)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
7 February 2023
Number of People to be hired
Under the overall supervision of the PXD Programme Manager and direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (AVRR) in Ankara, Türkiye, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the PXD activities of the mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the organization of PXD project activities, including assistance in preparing agendas and invitations, logistical arrangements, coordination of translation of relevant documents, etc.
- Provide support to Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) Project Assistants in case management and database entries, including provision of basic assistance to migrants as needed.
- Provide clerical administrative support to the PXD unit’s liaison activities.
- Provide general support in the processing of reintegration assistance for Turkish returnees from Europe.
- Attend relevant meetings and workshops and prepare meeting minutes and workshop reports.
- Provide interpretation when needed.
- Word process, format and collate tables, reports, presentation, and other documentation for public information activities, including for social media.
- Support the provision of reintegration assistance to Turkish returnees, including preparation of the necessary paperwork, coordination with the Financial Department, and providing returnees with in-cash support.
- Regularly compile information and data on migration-related trends, legislative and policy developments, etc. relating to PXD.
- Perform general administrative duties.
- Undertake duty travel within Türkiye as well as abroad as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited academic institution field with one year of relevant experience or
- High school degree with at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Familiar with excel spreadsheets, word processing and other computer tools.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency: Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 7 February 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Migration Health Physician
- Senior Project Assistant (Protection)-re-advertised
- Project Field Coordinator
- Finance Assistant (Budget)
- Medical Assistant
- Project Assistant (Outreach)
- Interpreter (Arabic-Turkish)
- Interpreter (Farsi-Turkish)
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) - Malatya
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) - Adana
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) - Sanliurfa
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) - Gaziantep
- National Project Officer (Livelihood)
- Office Maintenance Assistant-re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Social Work)-re-advertised