The Syria Recovery Trust Fund (SRTF) was established for the financing of reconstruction activities to rebuild the country and alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people as a result of the ongoing conflict. The SRTF was created to provide the international community with a vehicle to offer financial support to the National Coalition for responding to the needs of the Syrian people.
The Management Unit (MU) was established to manage the Fund and its allocations to projects addressing reconstruction, recovery, and stabilization to alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people.
Governing bodies of SRTF are:
- The Steering Board (SB), with frequent meetings two times a year.
- The Management Committee (MC), meeting every three months.
- The Director General of SRTF (DG).
1. Key Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the IT Support Associate include but are not limited to the following:
- Configure and deploy new workstations and laptops.
- Assure that all software on staff equipment is licensed and record licenses.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update, and maintain workstations and laptops.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot printers/copiers and manage toner requests.
- Set up and support audio/visual equipment and Mobiles for presentations.
- Install and configure peripherals, including scanners, external drives, monitors, and other peripheral hardware.
- Removal/disposal of non-functional equipment and software.
- Provide software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and update operating systems and user applications.
- Track license and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframe to the IT section head.
- Work directly with vendors to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain and check the CCTV system and access control system.
- Follow up on the IT inventory tracking.
Software and Documentation:
- Design and develop small, needed software solutions based on requirements.
- Create and update user guides and knowledge base articles.
- Monitor the network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabled, wireless, and other network infrastructure.
- Maintain user laptops based on anti-virus software.
- Check the practical application for the IT policy.
- Provide basic IT training to end-users on software applications and best practices.
- Ensure the computer is set up prior to the new hire’s start date and any related moves.
- Performing remote troubleshooting for users.
- Ensure all staff is backing up and archiving their data.
- Handle the relocation of computer equipment due to office or personnel changes.
- Request and set up new user accounts.
- Troubleshoot and repair user accounts and email accounts and reset passwords.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users
- Participating in research and recommending improved infrastructure processes and technologies, including growth planning.
- Provide procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases, and evaluating bids.
- Test and record the new equipment and applications and provide thorough feedback.
- University Degree in IT Technology.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) are a plus.
- Ability to understand and readiness to work in a multicultural environment.
- Good written and verbal communication and facilitation skills, even under time pressure.
- Capacity to establish priorities, address IT issues and needs of staff, and take a leading role in problem-solving when the situation demands.
- Demonstrate trust and confidence in teamwork.
- Professional knowledge and capacity to manage IT-related documentation with accurate standards and quality.
- Proficiency in English, Turkish, and Arabic languages.
Additional qualifications shall be positively evaluated if available.
- Experience working in Syria and/or neighboring countries or good knowledge of Syrian affairs.
- Knowledge and experience in working environments of emergency response actors and donors and participation in multi-discipline project teams shall be positively evaluated.
- Two to three years of experience and a proven track record in IT Technology support;
- Accepted knowledge of Windows Server 2019 Active Directory;
- Good Knowledge in one of the programming languages and databases;
- Accepted knowledge of Firewalling (FortiGate) and switching (HP);
- Accepted understanding of VPNs and their configurations;
- Accepted knowledge of VOIP systems;
- Accepted working knowledge of TCP/IP in an Ethernet Local/Wide Area Network environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and further IT programs necessary for the execution of the tasks.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, timely, effective, and team worker;
- Good communication skills and a keen sense of ethics and integrity;
- Able to initiate problem-solving tasks;
3. Reporting/Supervision and Guidance
The incumbent shall work under direct supervision and report to the IT Section Head.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and GOPA/ SRTF Project policies, procedures, and values all the time and in all in-country venues.
GOPA/ SRTF Project has the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with GOPA/ SRTF Project at the same grade level and with similar job descriptions, experience, and educational requirements.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOPA/ SRTF Project reserves the right to amend this document.
We can work together on it.
*This is a re-advertisement announcement
GOPA Infra GmbH Türkiye
GOPA has a strong presence in the Middle East, Our centre of competencies; local team and local partners puts us in a better position for having strong experience with working conditions in the region, to serve our beneficiaries, and to develop services that meet their needs and match their level of requirements.