International Sustainability and Development Yönetim Danışmanlık Hizmetleri ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi (hereinafter “ISD”) is seeking an IT Specialist to join our team. ISD is an international development company that promotes meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
2. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The IT Specialist will manage the office’s IT infrastructure, conduct digital security training for staff and downstream partners, and provide end user support on basic IT issues for the ensure team. S/he will ensure that IT systems confirm to the program standards, including digital and operational security, meet inter-operability/user experience guidelines, and, as needed, initiate integration with other systems. S/he will support the upkeep, tracking, and maintenance of IT equipment.
The IT specialist will adhere to and act in accordance with ISD’s professional code of ethics, “Living Our Values,” and will make the principles of the code a part of the program’s culture and operating procedures. S/he will also foster and maintain good and professional relations with prospective and actual downstream partners and vendors.
3. DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to staff inquires and requests as a first line of technical support, gathering information to resolve problems and arranging for additional technical support if and as needed, in coordination with the Operations, Finance and HR Lead. Areas of assistance may include: printing, file conversion from other formats, and other basic IT needs.
- Manage user permissions, and other IT resources usage.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware, connectivity, and software issues.
- Map new staff computers to and train staff on Multi-Function Laser Printer.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention and inform management of recurring problems and recommend solutions.
- Train new staff on digital and operational security policies and procedures as well as provide ongoing refresher training to staff
- Provide digital security training for all downstream partners as part of kick-off meetings
- Set-up and support IT and alarm systems at expat residences to enable remote work and home security
- Oversee office alarm system and serve as co-liaison to camera and alarm system vendors
Procurement and Inventory
- Supports the logistics and inventory assistant in maintaining inventory list for IT equipment and that all end users are recorded in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance to staff in developing specifications for IT-related supplies or equipment that will be procured through activities.
- Ensure availability of necessary computer hardware and parts, diagnostic and repair equipment, and general maintenance supplies for field office, coordinating as needed with the home office.
- Upon staff departures, securely sanitizes all IT equipment and phones.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
4. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment is long-term through the life of the program
5. LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be conducted in Gaziantep.
- At least three (3) years of experience working with information technology.
- High school diploma required. University degree preferred.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment that reflects positively on the team.
- Experience working with international organizations preferred.
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic required.
- Turkish nationality is required
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
7. SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The IT Specialist will report to the Operations, Finance and HR Lead
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply button referring to the position they are applying for by December 18th, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.