Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: Several Departments/Sections
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 5
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Last date for application: November 21, 2023
The Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) is seeking recent graduates for intern positions in their Türkiye Country Office. This internship provides a chance for new graduates to gain experience in the humanitarian sector. They will learn about NGO business operations and the internal dynamics. Interns will gain insight into the humanitarian field, enhancing their understanding of their capabilities. They will work with the SAMS team, benefiting from the organization's systems and training programs.
Interns will be assigned to various departments in the Türkiye Country Office based on their academic and professional backgrounds. Departments include
- Information Management Unit/MEAL
- Supply Chain
- Technical (Health, Nutrition, MHPSS, and Protection)
- Medical Missions.
Interns will perform various tasks as directed by their supervisors, tailored to each department's needs, and receive on-the-job training. The SAMS internships will continue for six months.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- A bachelor's degree is necessary for all sections, with a preference for medical sciences-related degree for technical section and medical missions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to operate under pressure.
- Computer literate (includes a working understanding of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills and discretion with confidential information.
- Fluent written and spoken in Arabic
- Intermediate written and spoken English
- Intermediate written and spoken Turkish is preferable
NOTE: people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates may please send their resumes and fill out the application at the following link: