Vacancy Notice Number:
ICT Intern (FabLab)-re-advertised
Gaziantep - Türkiye
Deadline of Applications:
9 October 2023
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the National ITC Officer based in Gaziantep, and direct supervision of Senior ICT Assistant in Gaziantep, the incumbent will be responsible in providing technical support and services to all visitors in Resilience Innovation Center- FabLab located in Gaziantep University and Akkent Congress and Art Center.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes protocols for safe and effective use of the lab; monitors and maintains optional safety conditions in the lab.
- Maintains the equipment, manages supply inventory, and manages the budget.
- Schedules and provides supervision of the lab and its staff and volunteers.
- Operates the Fab Lab on a day-to-day basis and mentors students, teachers and community members by assisting them with their projects and ideas.
- Assists administrators, teachers, students, and community members by providing professional development opportunities in the area of fabrication technology.
- Coordinate, supervise and ensure a regular schedule of workshops
- Design and facilitate activities and workshops, when appropriate, and to contract and supervise external partners/suppliers when necessary
- Order and track all supplies for the lab including tracking inventory.
- Maintenance, power generation analysis, production improvement, and controls of solar panels installed at Fab Lab.
- 1Creating a protected space for all visitors and training attendees.
- Close coordination with ICT and Livelihood teams for any issue may occur.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Enrolled in the final academic year or graduated within one year of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic/ Telecommunication or related field from an accredited academic institutions; or,
- Enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Excellent in problem solving skills and love technical challenges with hand on experiences;
- Ability to plan and organize work;
- Knowledge of .NET framework (ASP, VB), SQL and CMS will be an advantage.
- Experience with image editing, CAD/CAM applications, and design software.
- Experience with fabrication equipment such as a vinyl printer/cutter, laser etcher/cutter, CNC mill, CNC plasma cutter, 3D printers and other related equipment.
- Experience working in or using manufacturing/industrial and rapid prototyping technology and equipment.
- Proficient in common desktop applications (web browsing, Microsoft Office Suite, image editing).
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
• Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
• Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
• Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honors commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 9 October 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.