Vacancy Notice Number:
Istanbul – Türkiye
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G5)
Deadline of Applications:
19 December 2023
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
Under the programmatic supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) National Officer, and the direct supervision of the FAP ICMT Officer the successful candidate will be based in Istanbul and will be accountable and responsible for the day-to-day Information Management and Communication Technology monitoring, training and problem solving for the German family reunification, resettlement, and evacuation caseloads.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for internal coordination of all ICT/IS related activities in support of the Family Assistance Program to be established in Istanbul;
- Ensure that all ICT/IS related requests are addressed in a timely and accurate manner, while efficiently allocating resources and support where required;
- Provide support to the IOM FAP networking in planning for necessary systems upgrades and ICT infrastructure changes and the IT requirements of the donor, install systems, network components and software;
- Assist in data and information processing, analysis in regard to the production of statistics/reports/publishing materials related to the FAP, support further integration of technological solutions to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the systems in place;
- Ensure to apply IOM ICT Standards and guidelines, policies and data protection principles.
- Develop and implement when necessary, ICT training, to include training in the IOM software platform and set-up requirements, to all IOM FAP end users to ensure productive use of system, IT and telecommunications resources;
- Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (Application System and Databases, Appointment System, LAN, WAN Messaging, Internet connectivity, etc), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions. Ensure daily monitoring and adequate completion of backups and project ICT inventory.
- Assist in the creation of reports, statistical tables, analysis of data, graphics and publishing of information about IOM activities in a simple, readable and attractive format;
- Liaise with the local ICT service providers and vendors for the adequate and timely provision of supplies and services in coordination with the mission procurement;
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
- Report timely to the IMCT Officer (FAP) all ICT operations, challenges, and take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor integrity records containing individual data.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher University Degree preferably in Computer Science, Science, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience or
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with five years relevant professional experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience designing, developing, implementing or administering information systems and end-user support, including web-based database applications and thin-client Web-based applications;
- Excellent knowledge of information technology and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Problem solving, Teamwork, and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number and the city applied for in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 19 December 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- SSAFE Training Assistant
- Interpreter (Arabic)
- Interpreter (Farsi)
- Interpreter (Arabic) - İstanbul
- Operations Assistant (Field Support) - Airport
- Operations Assistant (Field Support) - Correspondence
- Operations Assistant (Field Support) – Ground Logistics
- Senior Project Associate (CBCM)
- Childcare Assistant
- Senior M&E Associate (AAP)