Human Resources Manager
|Karam Evi Derneği||Hatay|
|Human Resources and Administration Manager||Non-profit|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
Human Resources Manager
Karam Evi seeks a mission-focused, experienced, strategic, and process-minded individual to join its senior management team. This person must be both a leader and a collaborator, creative and a solution and detail-focused implementor. Along with a focus on anticipating and planning, the ideal candidate will bring experience in recruitment, creating and maintaining HR systems, and staff development. Karam Evi is growing and seeks to foster a dynamic learning environment for staff. The HR Manager should be a self-starter, knowledgeable, and a positive influence. This role is crucial to the future of our organization and instrumental in seeing Karam Evi succeed in its mission to grow 10,000 Leaders by 2028.
Reporting to the Karam Evi Site Manager with additional oversight from the Head of Operations, the HR Manager will take the lead in the following areas:
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, networking, and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding
- Work closely with hiring managers to set expectations and ensure timely recruitment
- Propose improvements to the recruitment process
Human Resources Development
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures
- Leading the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- Recommending and developing new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Develop training and development programs
- Delivering ongoing management training to managers
- Provide advice on policies and procedures
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department
- Maintaining company directory and organizational charts
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of employee relations counseling, disciplinary, and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (employment documents, attendance, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Work closely with other departments, including finance, IT, and logistics, to ensure effective and efficient management of human resources.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Oversee off-boarding and staff departure process
- Ability to coach all team members on work culture and policies
- Identify and propose training and development opportunities
- Turkish Citizenship required
- Proven experience with five years of human resources experience
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of HR functions and systems (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Strong collaborator both in-person and with remote team members
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Understanding of Turkish labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field combined with work experience with a preference in the non-profit sector.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and various software, including project management tools like Asana
- English & Arabic advanced proficiency is also required
- Additional Turkish language proficiency is preferred
REPORTS TO: Karam Evi Site Manager
LOCATION: Karam House Reyhanli
HOURS: Full-time - 40 hours per week, Saturday - Wednesday
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Karam Evi Derneği
We have built two Karam Houses, innovative workspaces for Syrian refugee teens, in Istanbul and Reyhanli, Turkey, which take on new innovative approaches to refugee education and learning. At Karam Houses, hundreds of Syrian refugee teens learn through access to cutting-edge technology (maker spaces, internet, computers), expert mentorship, and a sophisticated studio design-based curriculum to build their ideas and inspire their community.
We are on a mission to grow 10,000 Leaders by 2028.