Vacancy Notice Number:
Human Resources Associate
Gaziantep – Türkiye
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G5)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
7 June 2023
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
Under the administrative supervision of Resource Management Officer based in Gaziantep and direct supervision of National Human Resources Officer based in Ankara the incumbent will provide human resources support to IOM Gaziantep and its field offices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination of recruitment processes, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Terms of Reference, drafting and posting Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates’ assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
- Carry-out and coordinate pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry On Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams and follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Services (Manila or Panama) on medical clearance, coordinate enrollment in insurance plans as appropriate, coordination and delivery of induction sessions, arrangement for security briefing, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; verify eligibility for allowances and other benefits, monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements, and initiate prompt actions and generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Perform the role of Time-keeper in PRISM; monitor, maintain, update and reconcile leave quotas based on supporting documentation; generate, edit and analyse leave-related reports; respond to questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
- Carry-out a wide range of Human Resources actions, including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases, etc. and coordinate with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate.
- Prepare all reports on personnel matters and submit timely to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.; open and update personal files, create and maintain a systematic way to archive Human Resources documents (electronic and hard copies). Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with the Staff Evaluation System and follow-up with staff and supervisor as needed; facilitate compliance by providing technical guidance on the use of the system.
- Organize Human Resources events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records.
- Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard inquiries and refer the most sensitive/complex ones.
- Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices.
- Participate in inter-agency Human Resources related working groups as assigned.
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Minimum three years of HR experience is required.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 7 June 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Senior Project Assistant (CS)-re-advertised
- Consultant (IT)-re-advertised
- Finance Assistant
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (CS) - re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- ICT Intern-re-advertised
- Field Security Associate
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant-re-advertised
- ICT Intern (FabLab)-re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)-re-advertised
- Project Support Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Security Intern
- Migration Health Nurse-re-advertised