Malteser International (MI) has been working since 2012 in the context of the humanitarian crisis in Syria. The various programs are being implemented in the Aleppo region and Idlib in Syria, in northern Lebanon and the Beeka plain in Lebanon, and since 2014 in Iraq.
MI has been registered in Turkey since 2014 and has since built up its own office structure. MI now has two offices in southeastern Turkey (Kilis and Gaziantep). The Malteser InternationaI team provides technical guidance and oversees management and administration of the partner implemented projects in Turkey and Northern Syria. It is responsible for the procurement of the main medical supplies in Turkey, the reporting and application as well as the quality assurance. In addition to the implementation of humanitarian and transitional aid projects, Malteser International´s strategic objective is the strengthening of the civil society structures in Turkey and Syria. Malteser International focusses in Turkey on the sectors health, livelihood, protection as well as social cohesion.
In support of our work in Turkey / Syria, Malteser International is looking for a Gaziantep and Kilis based,
Human Resources and Administration Officer (m/f/d) – National position
As Human and Resources (HR) and Administration Officer, you will manage the HR and Administration related tasks of the Malteser International Turkey portfolio under the guidance and supervision of the Program Administrator.
Human Resources tasks:
- In coordination and with support of the Finance Manager, ensure timely preparation and submission of the monthly staff payroll complying with the statutory rules and regulations
- Ensure timely and properly submission of work permit applications for the non-Turkish staff and follow up the updates and the status of the submitted work permit applications
- Ensuring that the staff’s contracts, appraisals, leave plan, holidays, timesheet and other HR related documents/records are managed and maintained timely as of the organizational policies and the regulations of the Turkish Government. Ensuring the proper achieving of HR, administration, as well as legal documentation
- Ensuring proper and systematic record keeping of all HR and Admin related documents, forms, formats, policies, etc. in accordance with Malteser International rules and local regulations
- Working with the Senior Audit and Compliance Officer in the HR and Admin verification missions of the partners and ensure the compliance of the activities and records of the partners (in relation to the supported projects of Malteser International) with the statutory systems, regulations and policies of Malteser International and the Turkish Government
- Preparing and arranging the HR and Admin related information, documents and reports for the Turkish Government authorities as of the Government instructions and policies
- As per request of the Logistic department, communicate and make necessary applications with the Revenue Administration of Ministry of Finance to obtain VAT exemption for cross border supply of humanitarian items in Syria. Prepare other official documentation and submit the application to relevant authorities on various activities related to Malteser International Turkey
- Communicate with the contracted Lawyer and Certified Public Accountant for the HR and Administration related legal supports and services
- Supporting the Logistic department and Finance team related to administrative matter
- Be vigilant and aware of any new or revised instructions and laws of the Turkish authorities, specially, the Ministry of Labor in relation to the HR and Admin issues of Malteser International in Turkey and provide respective guidance to the operations of Malteser International
- Join in the Partnership Assessment process and Verification Missions whenever needed upon approval from the supervisor
- Maintain strict data protection regulations in sharing official information with external parties
- Attending any HR and Admin related external meetings upon advice from the supervisor
- Any other official job as per request of the supervisor
- Graduate from Human Resources, Management and Administration related study
- At least 2 years’ of experience in humanitarian organization with NGOs and/or UN
- Excellent skills in Excel based worksheets and Word
- Very good skills in English- reading, writing, speaking and communicating; substantial knowledge in both Turkish and Arabic language will be an advantage
- Pleasant personality - polite, patient, diplomatic and motivated to the humanitarian works
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Gaziantep and Kilis, Turkey with possible travel to Syria - if security allows
- Duration of contract: Until 31 December 2020 with possible extension
- Salary range is between EUR 900 – EUR 1050 monthly
- Candidates must have internet facilities to work from home
- Due to local circumstances a Turkish citizenship is required
- Kindly note that this is a national position and re-advertisement
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://bit.ly/3cRRQ89.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until October 12th 2020 . Due to the ongoing Corona pandemic, the recruitment process may be slow.
Malteser International Turkey
Necmettin Erbakan Mahallesi Sabuncu Sok. No:2/20 Merkez Kilis
We provide emergency relief in crises such as natural disasters, epidemics, or armed conflicts. During acute crises, teams from Malteser International are on the ground as soon as possible to provide emergency medical care, and ensure the supply of food and other essential aid materials as needed. Supporting the health of the person in an integrated way is the central aim of our work.