Announcement Code: HIHFAD-2023-213
Job Title: HR Officer (Recruiter)
Reports To: HR Coordinator
Job Location: Türkiye / Gaziantep
Closing date: 03-December-2023
Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians in order to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 1100 staff in Syria, Turkey, and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, International NGOs and bilateral governmental agencies.
Purpose of the Position:
These tasks aim to streamline the recruitment process, from planning to onboarding. They involve strategizing, networking, administrative coordination, candidate assessment, and ensuring legal compliance. The goal is to secure qualified hires and facilitate their smooth transition into HiHFAD, all while maintaining accurate records and enhancing the organization's reputation.
- Build and report on quarterly and annual hiring plans.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate recruitment plans in order to be able to prioritize staffing needs.
- Network with potential hires through professional groups on social media and during events.
- Follow up with candidates throughout the hiring process.
- Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings.
- Handle all recruitment inquiries and approvals from management.
- Oversee all administrative arrangements relating to the recruitment and selection process such as:
- Prepare interview packs.
- Screen resumes and job applications.
- Create and publish job ads in various portals.
- Arrange tests (such as pre-employment checks) and criminal checks.
- Send out rejection letters based on interview panel findings and line * manager to give candidate proper feedback regarding growth opportunities and gaps.
- Sift/Screen Shortlist applications according to job requirements.
- Forward all shortlisted applications to Line Managers for further shortlisting.
- Conduct all necessary tests according to the position.
- Interview the selected candidates following the recruitment process.
- Prepare all hiring documents.
- Development of existing recruitment system by assessing the implemented recruitment procedures.
- Update and manage the applicant tracking system to ensure accurate and up-to-date candidate records.
- Verify employment references and conduct necessary background checks in compliance with HiHFAD policies.
- Prepare and extend job offers, including salary negotiations and discussing terms of employment.
- Assist in coordinating the onboarding process for new hires, ensuring a smooth transition into the organization.
- Administer and oversee the completion of all necessary paperwork, contracts, and legal documentation.
- Facilitate training sessions on compliance, software systems, job-specific tasks, and skill development.
- Offer guidance and support to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, addressing any queries or concerns.
- Track and report on recruitment metrics such as time-to-fill, source effectiveness, and candidate pipeline status.
- Contribute to employer branding efforts, attend networking events, and represent the HiHFAD in recruitment-related activities.
- Ensure all recruitment processes adhere to legal and regulatory requirements and maintain accurate records.
- Act as a point of contact for new employees to address any inquiries or concerns during the onboarding process.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- University graduate, ideally in management, HR, or another relevant field.
- Minimum three years of experience working with NGO.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a human resources officer.
- Knowledge of relevant Turkish laws.
- Good organizational skills and ability to analyze information.
- Excellent English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Turkish language will have an advantage.
- Having good experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Motivation, creativity, and ability to work independently.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Due to the urgent need of this position, the HIHFAD may conduct interviews before the application closing date on a rolling basis. It might be filled and closed even before the end date of the announcement.
İyilik için Elele Derneği (HİHFAD)
Dedicated to saving lives and rebuilding communities inside Syria, we go where others cannot.