HR and Admin Officer (NATIONAL POSITION)
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest, and conflict affected countries. Concern has been working in Türkiye since August 2013 and currently looking for a HR and Admin Officer (National Post).
Job Title HR and Admin Officer
Location Sanliurfa, Türkiye
Reporting Line HR and Admin Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibility No
Contract Status Fixed Term, till 31/12/2023 (with possible extension)
Contract Length 31/12/2023
Vacancy Number TR2023-013
This is a 4 months role in Sanliurfa, Türkiye with occasional travel to other cities within Türkiye with a net salary range between $1610 - $1675 per month. The salary range provided in this job posting does not constitute any legally binding obligation or undertaking by Concern Türkiye, and final salary amount will be decided mutually by Concern and the employee, which may be lower or higher than the abovementioned salary band.
Job Purpose: The Human Resource (HR) and Admin Officer will deal with day to day operations of HR, facilitate all aspects of the general personnel administrative work, recruitment, staff development/ training, implementation of policy and procedures. As well, her/his responsibilities are center around the preparation of payroll data, various contracts, personal memos, maintenance of staff leave records, HRIS, accurate filing and maintenance of personnel records/documents. The Human Resource and Admin Officer reports to the HR Manager and is based in Sanliurfa, Türkiye.
- Ensure adherence to Concern Worldwide policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures;
- Perform the proper maintaining of filing system/record and personnel files both hard copies and soft copies in the Shared Folder. Ensure the access to the files are kept strictly limited and in line with CWW’s and Turkey policy on data protection and confidentiality;
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and processing of payroll data for the mission staff; Ensure accuracy of staff salaries;
- Manage/facilitate the recruitment and hiring processes on a timely manner.
- Ensure orientation/inductions are conducted; ensure CWW’s recruitment policies and procedures are adhered to upon hiring;
- Apply PDR procedures and coordinate and support all related activities; keep the tracking of staff’s probationary, mid-year & annual performance reviews and ensure that the performance appraisals are carried out for each employee and details recorded and kept on personnel files; assist direct supervisor to conduct training to staff on performance appraisal process;
- Support staff exits process including exit interviews;
- Monitor attendance management system and perform monthly spot checks.
- Preparer/issue the employment agreements as well as all correspondence relating to the employment issues (confirmation, extension, termination, warning letters and etc.);
- Maintain HR Trackers and update on regular basis accordingly;
- Provide general clerical and administrative support,
- Ensure the smooth running of the office, phone, internet, office furniture, equipment, and supplies by making sure bills are paid on time;
- Arrange travel and accommodations when needed;
- Assist supervisor in providing an effective, efficient HR administration service.
- Perform any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- Actively promote meaningful community participation and consultation at all stages of the project cycle (planning, implementation, M&E).
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) is functional and accessible, that feedback and complaints are welcomed and addressed.
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that information about CRM, safeguarding and expected staff behaviour is disseminated among programme participants and communities
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- University degree in relevant field Master degree will be an asset.
- At least 2 year of previous experience in a human resources and admin role, including minimum 1 year with international NGOs.
- Fluency in English,
- Good knowledge and understanding of Turkish Labor Law and practices,
- Knowledge of accepted HR practices and procedures,
- Experience in database management and record keeping,
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications like Word, Excel and Power point.
The expected competencies include
- Maintains confidentiality
- Promotes gender equality, challenging the reinforcement of negative gender stereotypes within the workplace
- Customer focus – proactively and effectively works with others to achieve best results.
- Works in an organized manner and meet required quality and timelines
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Tactful and diplomatic
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please click Concern Kariyer create your resume to apply for the role. Please note that applications received other than the online portal will not be considered. If you encounter technical problems submitting your application online, please use the contact form on job portal.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview;
- Please note that both CV and Cover letter should be in English;
- Application Closing Date: 05/10/2023
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
We work in partnership with the very poorest people in these countries, directly enabling them to improve their lives, as well as using our knowledge and experience to influence decisions made at a local, national and international level that can significantly reduce extreme poverty. In 2015, we positively impacted the lives of 22.5 million people.