Post Title: Hotline Assistant
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension (2 months probation)
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Application closing Date: 20/09/2019
The Hotline Assistant will be responsible to answer calls to the WHH hotline in a professional and friendly manner. He/she will be responsible to ensure that all calls are recorded in a systematic way, and that appropriate follow up is provided in a timely manner. In addition, the Hotline Assistant may be asked to accompany beneficiaries to service providers, as well as face to face/on the phone/written translation for the case workers and other related staff.
A. Technical advice and guidance:
Responsible for answering calls to Welthungerhilfe’s hotline and follows internal procedures to provide information and advice to callers in a friendly, patient manner.
B. Manage a quality service
Keeps up-to-date with services and resources available within Welthungerhilfe and across partners to ensure accurate advice is provided to callers.
Collaboratively work with other relevant colleagues from the office, to ensure trends reported through the hotline are kept track of, and that emergency cases are forwarded to the respective team.
C. Reporting and recording
Maintains accurate and confidential record of calls
Provides regular and accurate reporting as required
Respects data confidentiality of beneficiary data at all times
Maintains professional boundaries at all times.
Handles calls in a friendly and professional manner, even when under stress
In addition to the above, the Hotline Assistant might be asked to carry out other duties requested by his/her line manager, Head of Project or the MEAL department in Gaziantep as needed.
- Education: College or higher education degree.
- Work Experience: Minimum 1-year professional experience in similar positions.
- Experience in the humanitarian sector in Turkey is an advantage,
- Knowledge of the Turkey refugee context (Syrian and non-Syrian) a distinct advantage.
- Skills/knowledge: Attention to details, Good computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook at a minimum),
- Personality requirements: Stress resistance, to stay calm and polite even in high workload situations. Ability to handle all types of calls/problems in a non-judgmental and friendly manner. Good communication skills to clearly communicate on the phone. Honest, hardworking and a self-motivated person able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Language Skills: An excellent written and verbal command of Arabic and Turkish, and at least one of the following languages is essential: English/Farsi/Kurdish/Pashtu.
The Hotline Assistant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com until 20th September 2019, at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.