Announcement Code: HIHFAD-2023-214
Job Title: Health Senior Officer
Reports To: Medical Coordinator
Department: Health Program
Job Location: Turkey/Gaziantep
Closing date: 06 -October- 2023
Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 1000 staff in Syria, Turkey, and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, International NGOs, and bilateral governmental agencies.
Project Management responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Health Program Coordinator, provide planning, programmatic and technical support to the assigned projects.
- Ensure activities are in line with the approved project proposal, budget, and implementation plan, communicating issues/problems in advance to the Health Program Manager and preparing course corrections as needed.
- Provide leadership for the assigned project/s, working to ensure short- and long-term impacts and outcomes are successfully achieved and there is a positive impact for the beneficiaries, local authorities, and local partners.
- Continuous supervision and monitoring of projects activities, regularly evaluating progress of the outputs and targets.
- develop corrective actions in coordination with Health program team to mitigate any delay in implementation.
- Raising procurement requests (PRs) based on project procurement plan/spend down plan and coordinate with operations department to ensure procurement is received in a timely manner.
- support the organization of program kick off meetings, grant review meetings and grant closeout meetings.
- Draft technical donor narrative reports and other internal program reports and submit them to the line manager for review.
Program development responsibilities:
- Work with the Health Program Coordinator and the Grants Manager on program development including, parts of proposals, parts of concept notes, modification requests etc.
- Contribute to the identification and development of new ideas for potential proposals.
- manage staff assigned to project/projects, including day-to-day management.
- Facilitate regular meetings with staff to ensure regular information sharing on project performance.
- Provide coaching and supervision to staff, in coordination with the program management team.
- Perform other tasks and duties as requested by the line manager.
- Manage the budget for assigned project(s) and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet HIHFAD and donor standards with regards to financial management and accountability.
- review spending and suggest course correction in the event of major underspending or overspending on Monthly Basis.
- Closely work with the Finance department on a weekly basis to address all correction processes related to the project’s activities.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- University degree in a relevant field; (faculty of medicine, Pharmacy)
- Minimum three years of experience in project management preferably in emergency response/conflict settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current issues and operating context in Turkey.
- Experience in health programming highly preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with donor regulations.
- Fluency in English is mandatory and Turkish will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to details.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, and ability to think critically and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience and diplomacy.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Turkish citizenships are preferred.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Only candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
İyilik için Elele Derneği (HİHFAD)
Dedicated to saving lives and rebuilding communities inside Syria, we go where others cannot.