Health program Coordinator (Turkish national only & fluent in English and Arabic) (Ref: TUGZT.PRB11)
|International Association for Relief and Development (ONSUR)||Gaziantep|
|İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
International Association for Relief and Development (Onsur) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with the Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. ONSUR works through the main office located in Gaziantep province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, and Turkey.
The health program Officer will be responsible for the operation management of the project/s he/she is managing under the direct supervision of the Programs Coordinator, and he/she is responsible to implement all the program activities based on the project/s objectives and following the PCM cycle; planning, organization, implementation monitoring, and evaluation, and he/she is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the health program through organizing and delivering health activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the implementation of all health project activities to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Write project proposals within specific sectors and multi-sector project proposals and send to the donors or program management or executive management.
- Research and update the latest recommendation from WHO about COVID19 clinical management. Tailor WHO’s guidelines to the NWS context with high coordination with WHO’s office in Gaziantep.
- Represent ONSUR in health groups in addition to other external meetings as needed, send monthly reports to 4W sectors, share information, and attend relevant meetings in selected sectors (eg workshops - emergency meetings).
- Project management and supervision of the implementation from the beginning of the project until closure through coordination with the team within Syria.
- Printing and archiving project documents in paper and electronic form and ensuring access to them at any time in addition to providing documents and papers for projects from previous years the archive upon request.
- Follow up the security situation inside Syria to develop contingency plans for projects and ensure continued programming.
- Cooperate with the M&E team to prepare a follow-up and monitoring plan for the related projects.
- Participate in donor meetings in the planning phase of the project and the implementation phase until the closure phase.
- Writing proposals for multi-sector projects in (Yemen - Somalia - Bangladesh - Iraq - Lebanon) as needed or when requested and sent to the management or to the donor.
- Coordinate with the managers of the offices or implementing partners of ONSUR in the above-mentioned countries to follow up the developments of the projects and complete the project papers required for the closure of the projects.
- Prepare progress reports or final projects for multisector projects in the above-mentioned countries and send them to the administration or support agency.
- Coordinate with other departments (finance, procurement, logistics, and media) to prepare project papers (financial reports, documentary courses, information materials, and promo) and send them to the administration or the supporting body.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Medicine, Dentistry, pharmaceutics, and other health-related degrees
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working with INGO in humanitarian or development contexts.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- English language proficiency: very good (writing, reading, and speaking).MS Office suite proficiency: very good.
- Demonstrated ability to train and improve capacity building of other staff.
- Ability to transfer gained skills to other staff.
- Adherence to the organization’s vision, mission, goals and objectives, and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Time management and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and track performance against program indicators.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to ONSUR, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. ONSUR is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach toward any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
ONSUR provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
ONSUR employees must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside ONSUR.
Applications are strongly encouraged by female candidates.