Position: Health Coordinator (Nutrition & Community Health components)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: Deputy health technical manager
Duration: 12 months
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The Health Coordinator (CH & Nutrition) is responsible to lead and provide technical support for the planning and smooth implementation of community health (CH) and nutrition program activities in NWS. The Health Coordinator shall ensure quality implementation of project activities and shall build capacity of field level CH & Nutrition staff, ensure timely and quality program reporting and sound budget management. He/ She will participate in Nutrition cluster meeting in NWS.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and support to CH and Nutrition teams.
- Oversee and coordinate development of CH and nutrition activities, support detailed implementation planning exercises and budget forecasts.
- Technically manage CH and nutrition field teams to ensure timely achievement of high-quality deliverables, ensuring that technical quality and standards are upheld during project implementation.
- Access and analyze CH and nutrition activities progress continuously through lessons learned, field assessments and provide corrective measures where applicable.
- Develop nutrition and CH training programs including the production of creative and relevant education messages in coordination with CH TWG and Nutrition Cluster
- Build the capacity of staff to implement best practice in CH & nutrition.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation and supervision system to quantify and verify the activities in coordination with nutrition and community health senior officer.
- Facilitate joint supervisions with other departments’ team of RI to monitor progress and review performance of RI work on outreach and nutrition (IYCF+ CMAM+ nutrition screening).
- Interface closely with the WASH team to ensure key messages are consistent.
- Attend regular meetings with the project administration when requested by line manager.
- Managing community health and nutrition programs and initiatives, which includes coordinating various resources, events, and activities. And keeps projects on track.
- Full understanding of and respect for the cultural diversity of the communities which are served and being culturally sensitive and adapts its approach to the needs and preferences of the community.
- Assist in data collection and oversee the process to ensure high quality reporting of progress against proposal indicators and program quality indicators (this includes CMAM quality indicators).
- Interpret data collected on CH and Nutrition components as required and present it to line manager.
- Compile the CH, routine immunization and nutrition monthly activities reports from the field, conduct data analysis to inform decision making and implementation.
- Develop case studies, success stories, best practice reports and key lessons from CHW and nutrition components’ implementation on regular basis
- Help cultivate a shared vision, among all staff, of RI’s CHWs and nutrition program aims.
- Assist to promote and encourage community participation in and ownership of health and nutrition activities at the community level.
- Represent RI in nutrition cluster meetings when requested by line manager.
- Where appropriate, work closely with partner organizations in completing the above tasks.
- Attend regular meetings of SIG, CHW, IYCF and CMAM TWG meetings and share discussion points with line manager thus important points could presented to SMT.
- Coordinating the logistical aspects of vaccination sites, including setting up and maintaining the physical location, ensuring availability of adequate staff to administer the vaccine and conduct community mobilization
- Representing RI in coordination meetings with SIG and other involved entities
- Collaborating with local communities, public health agencies, and stakeholders to promote vaccination and address any concerns or hesitancy.
- Support the collection and management of data related to vaccine administration, including the number of doses administered, patient information, and adverse reactions.
- All other duties and tasks assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in medicine or public health or human nutrition.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the implementation and management of community health and/or nutrition programs in reputable organizations in NWS
- Vast experience in the implementation of CMAM and maternal infant and young child nutrition (MIYCN)
- Experience in the management of community health program
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic skills, with ability to draft quality donor reports and proposals in English.
- Flexible in schedule, attitude, and work processes.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google software, particularly Google Drive, Gmail, Google Docs, MS Word and MS Excel. Adobe suite preferred.
- Previous NGO experience in Syria is a plus.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
- All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
Relief International (RI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RI considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to email@example.com before December 5, 2023 stating in the subject “Health Coordinator“
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply