Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities Afrin provinces and Idlib to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Istanbul Head Office, the Grants Officer is under the line management of the Grants Manager.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract (6 Months - with possible extension)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
- Reporting Writing
- Grant Management
- Internal & External Communication
- Lead the production of Donor Reports, coordinating and compiling the provision of inputs from the different Mission Unit/Departments;
- Ensure timely preparation, review and provision of detailed and quality reports on program progress to donors.
- Ensure success stories are systematically shared by the communications unit and incorporated into donor reports.
- Coordinate with MEAL to ensure Donor indicators are harmonised for all Programs;
- Ensure timely submission to RO/HQ/Donors, according to established timelines;
- Whenever relevant, attend Donor meetings/visits, record and disseminate the information shared;
- Contribute to the production of any other Reports requested.
- Contribute to analyzing the current fundraising landscape, including research of prospective donors and how to reach them.
- Contribute to fundraising and planning meetings between grants and programs.
- Lead the production of Concept Notes and Proposals, coordinating and compiling the provision of inputs from the different Mission Unit/Departments.
- Contribute to documenting, analysing, and sharing lessons learned from proposal writing, reporting and donor compliance processes.
- Contribute to keeping the Grants documents updated: the Grants Tracker, and Donor Compliance guidelines;
- Ensure systematic adherence to donor guidelines and compliance including visibility policy;
- Act as a Technical Reference at mission level and provide guidance on donor compliance and grant management during project implementation and reporting processes to program teams. Contribute to grant meetings and periodic reviews.
- In coordination with line managers, support internal training modules on proposal/reporting duties for field staff and partners to build their capacity
- In collaboration with concerned coordinators/directors draft any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Partnership agreement (PA) with partners.
- Ensure alignment of the MoU with DDD principles and guidelines and strict adherence to the law which apply to the MoU or PA.
Internal and External Communication
- Produce and properly disseminate Minute of Meetings (MoM) as per requested by your line-manager;
- Be specifically aware of the proper circulation of information within the mission, and propose adjustment/correction whenever it is needed;
- Prepare briefing materials on project activities and status;
- Work with line managers to ensure proper filing (soft and hard copies) of all project documentation in the mission;
- Coordinate with communications and MEAL Department to organize the regular production of Program Communication Document such as maps, briefing, videos;
- Ensure general mission and program briefing to new comers upon request of your line-manager.
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences and related fields
- At least 3 year of relevant professional experience, including in humanitarian mission and or development projects;
- Proven experience in reporting, proposal writing, and communication;
- Experience related to grants and project cycle management;
- Excellent English Language skills both written and oral;
- Excellent research and analysis skills;
- Experience working on the Syrian humanitarian context.
- Experience of working on EU and US funded projects a plus.
- Required: Fluent English (oral and written);
- Preferred: Turkish
- Asset: Arabic & French
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package;
- Experience analysing data and using data management software/tools.
- Representation and networking skills.
Communication & Information flow
- Capacity to produce high quality reports and communication materials for internal and external audiences.
General Qualities required:
- Strong organizational and communication skills are mandatory;
- Committed, with an ability to take initiative and work autonomously;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Diplomatic and presentation skills;
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in a fast-moving international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- MEAL Officer Antakya
- Field Manager Hatay
- Field Coordinator Hatay
- Sosyal Çalışma Görevlisi(Case Worker/Social Worker) Hatay
- Danışma Görevlisi(Registrar) Hatay
- Ebe Hatay(Midwife Hatay)
- Tercüman Hatay(Translator Hatay)
- Team Leader Doctor Hatay
- MHPSS Supervisor
- Social Media Officer
- Senior MEAL Officer Türkiye
- MEAL Manager Syria