International Sustainability and Development Yönetim Danışmanlık Hizmetleri ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi (hereinafter “ISD”) is seeking a Grants Manager to join our team. ISD is an international development company that promotes meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
2. POSITION DESCRIPTIONS
The Grants Manager will be responsible for the overall management and administration of the ISD grants program. S/he will be responsible for ensuring compliant, effective, grants management throughout the entire lifecycle of the programme. The Grants Manager will oversee grant design, competition, pre-award risk assessment, award monitoring, and grant closeout and support implementation of the grants through NGO partners.
The Grants Manager will adhere to and act in accordance ISD’s professional code of ethics, “Living Our Values,” and will make the principles of the code a part of the program’s culture and operating procedures. S/he will uphold ISD's safeguarding standards at all times and will promote a safeguarding culture among partners, beneficiaries, and staff. S/he will also foster and maintain good relationships with potential and actual grantees, will disclose any affiliations that could be perceived as a conflict of interest, and will maintain confidentiality regarding program activities.
3. DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the development, implementation, and administration of the Grants program, providing support at programme level in terms of DFID compliance and grants management
- Monitors grant disbursements and payment schedules, liaising closely with Grants and Compliance Lead to make grant payments in a timely and compliant manner.
- Reviews grant packages/ grantee’s financial reports and prepares payment requests incompliance with ISD’ procedures and DFID regulations.
- As needed, participates and assists in assessing grantee capacity and participates in grant kick-off meetings to serve as a resource for any questions related to grant administration and compliance
- Serves as a resource to help programme technical team to answer questions and resolve issues related to grant compliance, grant payments, grant design, documentation, and other areas.
- Closely liaises with and provide all necessary assistance to component teams, Grants and Compliance Lead, and team lead on issues related to grants administration and management
- Ensures full compliance with corporate grants policies and applicable donor regulations and manage the issuance of solicitations for proposals for grants, if applicable.
- Assists in evaluating applications for grant funding, including preparation of written reports on the process of evaluation and results of selection, if applicable.
- Support in the production of grant agreements and modifications, supervising the compliance and financial documentation and support technical aspects and general grants management;
- Maintains communication throughout the project with DFID as appropriate, Team Leader and Grants and Compliance Lead, programme staff, and PMU.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reports to the client on progress towards programme results
- Continuously apply learning, innovations and best practices from project evaluations, field visit reports and project reports (both internal and external, including other NGO and donors) to new grants
- Other duties as assigned.
4. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment is long-term through the life of the programme.
5. LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be conducted in Gaziantep.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in a grants management role, preferably for donor-funded development projects
- Strong understanding of ISD’s grants management processes and DFID smart rules and regulations governing grants administration. Knowledge and understanding of Syria context, conflict and security situation in Syria, previous experience in Syria strongly preferred
- Experience supervising diverse personnel
- Ability to work with and manage culturally and geographically diverse staff
- Excellent communication, and writing/reporting skills
- Team player with the ability to also work independently
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English required. Professional proficiency in Arabic highly preferred.
- Turkish nationality required.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
7. SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Grants Manager will report to the Grants and Compliance Team Lead.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply button referring to the position they are applying for by December 18th, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted