Yeryüzü Doktorları (YYD) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides medical relief to communities in need through sustainable health-focused programs in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In partnership with national and international entities, Yeryüzü Doktorları organizes volunteer medical team projects, cataract camps, water well and food support activities, equipment and medication support and health training projects, as well as clinics providing permanent services in 8 different countries, namely Bangladesh, Chad, Palestine, Somalia, Syria, Türkiye, Yemen and Afghanistan. YYD headquarters is located in Istanbul, Türkiye.
We are seeking a Grants Associate to join our team to play a crucial role in securing funding and assisting in grants management to support the organization’s mission and projects. He/she will have a key role in the organization's financial sustainability and success by securing external funding sources.
- Identify grants that align with the organization's mission and programmatic goals.
- Research potential grant opportunities from various sources.
- Collaborate with organization's management and other team members to gather information for proposals.Prepare and submit concept notes and proposals in coordination with different organization departments and ensure to meet the application requirements and deadlines.
- Compiles necessary information for the application process through collaboration with other departments, employees, database research, and other factfinding actions and meetings.
- Act as a technical reference at the organization level and provide guidance on donor compliance and grant management during project implementation and reporting processes to program teams.
- Act as a focal point for registration of the organization in different donor platforms and responsible to keep information up to date.
- Contribute to grant meetings and periodic reviews.
- Prepare briefing materials on project activities and status.
- Develops and maintains master files on grants and paperwork connected to programs funded by grants.
- Contribute to fundraising and planning meetings between grants and other departments.
- In coordination with line managers, attend donor meetings and conduct visits.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 3 year of relevant professional experience, including in INGO, NGO and or development projects.
- Proven experience in reporting and proposal writing.
- Excellent research, analysis, and communication skills.
- Experience related to grants and project cycle management.
- Working experience in EU and US funded projects.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
Conditions of Employment
- Starting: ASAP
- Contract: Full time employee, on site.
- Location: İstanbul with possible field visits.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.