Title: Grants and Reporting Coordinator (national position)
Reporting to: Deputy Hub Team Leader (direct)
WOS Grants and Reporting Manager (technical)
ABOUT Relief International
Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
The Grants and Reporting Coordinator will be an integral member of the Syria Country Office Grants Unit. The Grants and Reporting Coordinator plays a key role of facilitation of cross-functional coordination of project proposal development during application process and donor reporting during implementation and close out stages. When facilitating the project development and reporting processes, the role will provide a key linkage between the Hub-based and Amman-based programmatic and support functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Contribute to the efforts of WOS Grants and Reporting Manager in maintaining tracking of funding opportunities.
- In coordination with Hub Leadership, when required, engage with donors to understand their priorities and tailor proposal development process accordingly.
- Regularly engage with Technical Focal Points to understand the strategic technical direction of RI Syria programming.
- Lead drafting elements of Concept Notes and Proposals (proposal narrative, budget, and other required annexes), which will later be consolidated at Amman WOS office level for final submission to donors.
- Throughout the entire process of drafting Concepts Notes and Proposals, ensure necessary coordination with different Hub level programmatic (programs, MEL, technical teams) and support functions (Finance, Operations, HR, and Security).
- Ensure that inputs in the proposals and concept notes are developed in a timely manner as per the schedule agreed with the NWS Deputy Hub Team Leader and WoS Grants and Reporting Manager.
- Lead coordination of project modifications across all relevant departments at hub level.
- Support the finance team with budget development and ensure consistency with program planning.
- The archiving of the proposals packages on RI’s cloud based filing platforms.
- Maintain an up-to-date tracker of all reporting deadlines and ensure that responsible staff who contribute to reports are aware of reporting deadlines, templates, and requirements.
- With inputs from with programmatic (programs, MEL, technical team) and support (Finance, Operations, HR, and Security) functions draft high quality program progress reports as per donor and RI requirements.
- Revise RI’s sub-implementing partners submitted reports, facilitate the revision of those reports with the relevant departments, and work with the sub-implementing partners to address the shared comments.
- Engage with programmatic (programs, MEL, technical team) and support (finance, Operations, HR, Secutiry) functions to collect updates on project implementation as per means of verification.
- In coordination with the MEL department, ensure that data reported to donors is accurate, complete, and consistent;
- Consolidate feedback (comments or questions) received on the reports and coordinate responses to the feedback with programmatic and support functions of the Hub.
- Ensure that the reports are submitted in a timely manner and that the submission package is complete (e.g. with financial report, asset inventory, evaluation reports, and other required annexes).
- Developing the other adhoc requested reports.
- Ensure that the reports are submitted through donor reporting web-portals where this is applicable (e.g. APPEL, GMS, ATLAS, etc.).
Training and Capacity building
- Provide remote and in person capacity building to RI staff and local partners as needed.
- With support from NWS Deputy Hub Team Leader and WOS Grants & Reporting Manager, technical and compliance specialists, organize workshops on donor proposal development guidelines, regulations and programmatic and technical strategies to programmatic and support staff of RI and partners.
- With support from WOS Grants and Reporting Manager, technical and compliance specialists, provide capacity building to programmatic and support staff of RI and partner organizations in report writing.
- In coordination with relevant functions at Hub and Amman Management Team, ensure maintenance of filing system of project documentation.
- Distribute copies of all project documents to relevant RI staff, including proposal narrative, budget, and all respective annexes.
- As part of the knowledge management support facilitation of lessons learned in proposal development and reporting processes.
- Assist the County office in developing sitreps, fact sheets, etc.
- Gather and disseminate information on emergency situations, and RI’s response to internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement other tasks as advised by the direct and technical line managers.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Masters/Graduate degree in development studies, social sciences, or related field preferred;
- Fluent writing skills in English and ability to proofread and edit documents;
- Excellent listening skills in English and ability to take detailed meeting minutes and capture critical discussions and action points;
- At least three years of work experience in relief or development programs, preferably with an international non-governmental organization;
- Understanding of donor reporting, grants management, and proposal development processes;
- Familiarity with the rules and regulations of major institutional donors such as ECHO, USAID/OFDA, US State Department, etc.;
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively;
- Strong inter-personal communication skills and ability to work well in a team and in a multi-cultural setting;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Flexibility, optimism, and a sense of humor are assets and highly valued.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to email@example.com before December 25, 2023 stating in the subject “Grants and Reporting Coordinator“
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply