Grants and Partnerships Coordinator (Re-advertisement) (Ref: 2309GZTP01)
|Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (Basmeh and Zeitooneh)
|Grants and Partnerships Coordinator
|İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)
Job code: 2309GZTP01
Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (Basmah and Zeitoonah) is a non-governmental, non-profit civil society organization that has been supporting the most marginalized, desperate, and affected people since 2014. From the beginning, GvZ believes that its role is to create ways to empower those affected by developing their skills and reviving their sense of humanity and dignity. Through its community centers, GvZ provides women, youth, and marginalized groups with various humanitarian services such as relief aid, protection, education programs, and communication with other humanitarian actors on advocating for essential issues to bring to light. To this end, GvZ strives to continue honing people's skills to participate in peacebuilding and actively advocate for a democracy that reflects a diverse and socially connected society.
The Grants and Partnerships Coordinator will lead Turkey Grants and Partnerships development, including design, proposal (and bids) development, as well as the actualization of the grants and partnerships agreements between Gülümseme ve Zeytin (GvZ) and its potential partners and donors. The Grants and Partnerships Coordinator will also strengthen GvZ’s access to strategic partnerships and cooperation opportunities by establishing and facilitating partnerships with national and international entities and leading internal and external efforts throughout the development of consortia and/or individual proposals.
The Grants Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Take the lead on designing and developing strategic (multi-year) interventions in close coordination with GvZ’s relevant unit representatives and technical advisors.
- Take the lead on applying to potential calls for project proposals that contribute to the organization’s efforts in achieving its organizational objectives mainly in the framework of its main strategic programs in Turkey\Syria: Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education and Social Stability.
- Support the Program Managers in developing and reviewing the programs’ frameworks and programs’ sustainable life cycle.
- Conduct a comprehensive donor and partner mapping and create a donor communication and involvement plan in the light of creating sustainable partnerships.
- Manages end-to-end donor relationships, from guiding and leading the partnerships and grants team on the proposal development, leads them in contract management, till the closing of the project.
- Guide the evaluation of the partnership effectiveness and possible future collaborations and its importance strategically in Turkey, with the support and the guidance of the CDO.
- Seek new strategic partnerships with potential, national and international partners; including implementation partners, governmental and local bodies, and educational and vocational institutions.
- Undergo due diligence meetings with potential partners and prepare/request the needed information from the involved internal or external focal points.
- Regularly update the Grants and Partnerships trackers, as well as reporting trackers upon the occurrence of any relevant developments.
- Hold healthy and effective communication with existing and potential partners.
- Prepare and produce Grants and Partnerships monthly reports, as well as submit monthly staff performance reports.
- Organize and take the lead of weekly Unit team meetings.
- Provide assistance to internal team members in case of any assistance required, related to the management of the Grants and Partnerships.
- Update the organization’s profiles on the online donors and partners platforms, as well as keep internal records for any reported/updated information on similar platforms.
- Play a key role on mentoring programs staff to deliver increasingly high-quality materials that support grant management, fundraising, and advocacy initiatives.
- Ensure that grant management activities are carried out in compliance with donor policies and procedures, and create the relevant tools and training of relevant staff.
- Review grant documents and advise the senior management on donor compliances, policies, and procedures as relevant and required.
- Contribute to the Establishment/development of the organization’s funding strategies.
- Organize project planning and project kick-off meetings.
- Represent the organization at meetings, conferences, and events to build relationships and promote our mission.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of grants, deadlines, and eligibility criteria.
- Hold a bachelor's degree (at least) in project management, NGO management, International Relations (or its sub-disciplines), Public Health, Business Development, or other relevant fields.
- Post-graduate degree(s) in relevant fields will be considered an added value to the candidate’s application.
- At least three years experience in NGO, humanitarian, and development sectors in Turkey, Northwest Syria (or the Middle East). Candidates with experience in Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education, and Social Stability will be given priority.
- Flexibility to travel within the region as and when required will be considered an added value to the candidate’s application.
Technical reporting: to the Chief Development Officer
Direct reporting: to the Programs Manager
6. People Management
Managing one to two Grants Officers and Proposal Writers. As well as managing one intern or volunteer.
7. Application Process:
If you meet the required qualifications and conditions, we kindly request you to submit your electronic application including your CV and Cover letter through the following link: Application Form. or by clicking on the Application button above.
The deadline for submitting applications is before 30.11.2023.
GvZ is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For inquiries about this application process, please contact email@example.com
Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (Basmeh and Zeitooneh)
Through its community centers, GvZ offers a wide range of humanitarian services to women, youth, and marginalized groups, including relief aid, protection, educational programs, and collaboration with other humanitarian entities to advocate for critical issues. GvZ's primary goal is to enhance the capabilities of Syrians, enabling them to actively engage in the peacebuilding process and advocate for a diverse yet socially cohesive democratic society in Syria.