Main Job Purpose:
The Partnerships & Grants Officer is the focal point for gathering and receiving EOI, CFP/RFPs, a compilation of grant proposals, contract modifications, donor communication, reports, as well as a range of regular and ad hoc reports and communication tools used for both internal and external dissemination of information. The P&G Officer will contribute to concept notes, proposals, and media/ communications products. She/he is accountable for effective and transparent communication with donors and HAT teams about the progress of project outputs. The P&G Officer stays abreast of situational developments, obtaining information from internal and external sources to contextualize the work and present it in meetings and events.
- In coordination with program and operations teams, draft letters and expressions of interest, concept notes, full proposals, modification requests, and all supporting documents,
- Support with OCA completion and updates
- Organize and play a lead role in grants kick-off meetings,
- Participate in and support grant review meetings and provide advisory assistance to program staff,
- Tracks program progress on a monthly/quarterly basis against targets internally for all grants,
- Collate donor reports and information needs coordinating inputs from relevant staff,
- Maintain grants files for all awards, including agreements, proposals, revisions, reports, etc;
- Support program compliance and internal control procedures according to internal and donor regulations and requirements,
- Liaise on grant management activities, including ad hoc requests for information and updates,
- Support closeout of awards, lessons learned sessions, recommending award actions to the team
- Keep the donors timely updated on vital issues impacting project implementation and advise P&G Coordinator and team on potential scenarios and informed and analytical decisions.
- Attendance and hosting of meetings with donors,
- When needed, actively participate in: check-in calls with donors, coordination mechanism meetings
- Advocacy support and initiatives in collaboration with advocacy focal points
- When requested, represent HAT at NGO coordination meetings and other events
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document represent the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Indoors: 50 %
- Outdoors: 50 %
- Working Days: 5 Working Days
- Days off: 2 Days Off
- Working Hours: 08:45 AM – 5:00 PM
- Bachelor's degree in International Development, International Relations or in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar capacity, ideal with INGOs.
- Experience writing proposals, grants management, reporting and donor relations.
- Experience and understanding of institutional donor policies, guidelines, strategies and reporting to donors.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, ability to lead and coordinate across departments,
- Flexible, able to cope with stressful situations and frustrations,
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills, organization skills, communication skills, time management, initiative-taking, teamwork, ambition, problem-solving skills,
- Competent in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and tools useful in IM and reporting
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should email their detailed CV outlining their interest and qualifications for the position, no later than June 11, 2023.
Reference Code: Partnerships & Grants Officer
Please send your application to the email address with the reference code.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Human Appeal (HA) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991.
Since 2013 Human Appeal has set up an office in Turkey Syria mission. Human Appeal is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflict in Syrıa. Human Appeal works in a variety of sectors which include; food and livelihood, WASH, protection, shelter, and others. In a short space of time.