- Project Implementation and Reporting (60%)
- Manage the assigned project implementation as per the scope of the project and agreed on standards and procedures,
- Ensure project activities are on track and adhere to the project proposal, budget, and donor and NKO regulations,
- Undertake market/trader assessments and ensure that vendors are selected as per the agreed criteria,
- Work with the financial unit to ensure safe/efficient payments are made using vouchers and/or local banking systems,
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified eligible and vulnerable groups are met,
- Manage project staff in the HQ and field and ensure implementation and monitoring of project activities and practices,
- Participate in the assessment of community needs and resources, collection of baseline data to assist in project implementation,
- Following the agreed-upon plan of action, implement the program to schedule, report any delays and deviations and troubleshoot as appropriate,
- Initiate and manage the beneficiary registration and verification processes,
- Develop Technical guidelines to support activities implementation,
- Develop guidelines to monitor quality implementation,
- Develop project tools, including but not limited to Market Assessment, Vendor capacity assessment and Price Monitoring tools,
- Coordinate and follow up with support departments (logistics and supply chain, human resources, media and MEAL),
- Plan and monitor all field activities, i.e. appointments, meetings, cash/voucher distributions, monitoring and beneficiary,
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Unit to ensure timely procurement and delivery of project resources. Ensure accurate paperwork is provided for processing,
- Support M&E and technical teams with monitoring and data collection activities,
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principal stakeholders,
- Share assessment reports and engage with relevant humanitarian actors to ensure operational coordination of FSL activities,
- Represent NKO in the different related agencies meetings and other different coordination groups,
- Conduct field visits during the project activities implementation and provide them with all required information.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Ensure proper documentation of project processes is upheld, i.e. distribution plans, beneficiary lists, voucher requisition, distribution reports, and working with all stakeholders,
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic reports as required by the program manager and the response team,
- Prepare and submit timely and period reports (monthly, quarterly), management reports, and other reports as needed,
- All information, data and reports generated in this project belong to NKO and its donors. Therefore, it is mandatory to take care of all the Information, especially the key documents and back up the information on a regular basis,
- Handle the Complaints and feedback that is received from the CFM team, Donor, and TPM promptly and responsibly,
- Financial / Asset Management (15%)
- Support procurement and financial processes related to the projects, and ensure they are in line with NKO policies and procedures,
- Ensure that Project expenditure is being coded correctly and consistently (that is allocated to correct budget lines) and that donor funds are used solely for the purposes for which they were granted and in accordance with relevant NKO and donor guidelines,
- Ensure regular payment of casual workers based on attendance timesheets,
- Check the monthly project financial report for accuracy and appropriateness,
- Regularly discuss with the programs manager concerning financial reporting issues, errors, trends, payment delays, and related matters,
- Monitor expenditure on a monthly basis against the approved budget,
- Review expenditure projections to ensure that expenditure stays within budget. Significant actual or anticipated expenditure variances against the budget should be included in the monthly report to line management, together with any recommendations for changes to the budget.
- Personal Management (15%)
- Develop, define, and maintain updated job descriptions for the FSL project, which clearly delineate the roles and responsibilities of the team,
- Work with line management and administration Section regarding the recruitment of staff as per NKO’s policies
- Ensure that all staff clearly understand their roles and responsibilities. On the basis of their job descriptions, monitor staff performance and provide constructive feedback to staff in line with NKO policy,
- Ensure that staff participates in the development of project weekly/monthly work plans,
- At all times, ensure the safety and security of all project staff in line with NKO policies and procedures,
- Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale. Ensure staff well-being is addressed.
- Program Development and Capacity Building (10%)
- Contribute to the development of new programs and to the preparation of concept notes, proposals and budgets,
- Conduct performance appraisals of staff if and as required and ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance,
- Identify the key skills required by all project staff to fulfil their designated roles and where necessary, effectively suggest or plan staff training to fulfil such needs, as well as provide on-job training and coaching/mentoring,
- Work to develop Project staff capacity in FSL programming, including reviewing SoPs, mentoring and coaching.
Demonstrate adherence to NKO’s following policies:
Child Safeguarding Policy: Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to NKO, which recognises its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. NKO is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy: NKO expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. NKO employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside NKO.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during the interview.
How to apply
Turkish nationality is preferred
For more details via the following link: