Food & Economic Security Team Leader (Ref: FEST2023)
|Kadın Emeğini Değerlendirme Vakfı||Hatay,Kahramanmaraş,Gaziantep|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (A2, Level 2, Elementary)|
For Oxfam KEDV’s emergency earthquake response in Hatay, Kahramanmaraş&Gaziantep we are looking for a Food and Economic Security & Cash Team Leader.
To work with FES Team and Oxfam KEDV’s partners to design and oversee Oxfam KEDV Food and Economic security (FES) program in Hatay, Gaziantep&Kahramanmaraş provinces.
As a member of the FES unit, to manage, coordinate and lead in the implementation of Oxfam KEDV’s quality, gender-sensitive, accountable, safe and impact-focussed FES programme in Hatay and Gaziantep&Kahramanmaraş provinces, ensuring integration with all sectors (Protection and WASH) including community participation and consultations in an emergency programme. The work will involve technical advisory and capacity building to staff and partners for the immediate emergency stage and the implementation of EFSVL activities required to meet food needs and recover livelihood of people affected by the earthquake within Turkey.
- Provide professional and technical leadership to the FES team including elements of market linked emergency cash-based interventions, livelihood interventions management for programme planning and implementation.
- Implements programs in Oxfam KEDV's core thematic areas of FES: cash transfer programs, agriculture (crops and livestock), and food aid/cash /Voucher. Plans and implements interventions that utilize and support markets.
- Ensure a regular analysis of assessment, monitoring and project data is fed into project implementation, by Providing information/data on expressed beneficiary needs, context information, local authorities’ policies, and plans.
- Identify FES response options against context, well informed by robust assessment / analysis, scenario and programme objectives, and provide guidance and support for appropriate response.
- Explore opportunities of increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the FES programmes, looking specifically at technological and other innovative opportunities (like mobile money transfers, bank transfers, vouchers.)
- Design and implement a market analysis framework to assess markets in key operational areas & map trade flows, monitor their evolution and use the results to inform the design of market-based programming & strategy.
- Ensure that FES interventions are undertaken according to technical standards.
- Actively participate in monthly financial review meetings to plan and monitor the budget expenditure, review procurement and spending plans, and ensure funds are spent within the time frame acceptable to Oxfam KEDV and the donor and ensuring rules and regulations of Oxfam KEDV are adhered to.
- Design the MEAL approach and system with the MEAL team, and support monitoring of the programme and its impact on the food security and livelihoods of the population in operational areas.
- Incorporates gender and diversity issues consistently across the FES program, paying special attention to gender across all components of the program including gender analysis, gender equality, promotion and protection of human rights, empowerment of women and girls, and gender balance of staff.
- Map the links to longer-term programming as well as proposed integration with WASH and advocacy interventions – as detailed and as explicit as possible.
- Represent Oxfam KEDV in different FES related coordination platforms at regional level (e.g. Food Cluster, Sub- Cash working group, Early recovery cluster etc.) and actively contribute and influence.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender and protection issues. In particular to promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of the work.
- Undertake regular capacity need assessment of FES team including partners and provide capacity development support.
- Line manage staff in line with Oxfam KEDV policies, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, strategic guidance and management support.
Skills and Competence
- Minimum 5 years in similar positions/experience (programme support, field-experience) including a variety of livelihoods and cash modalities, i.e., cash for work, vouchers and large-scale cash distributions.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Turkish & good level of English
- Experience in market assessments and food security and livelihoods assessments.
- Knowledge and understanding to global justice, social change, women’s rights and gender equality and commitment to delivering humanitarian work through feminist principles.
- Experience & knowledge of the international humanitarian sector and an understanding of development issues and humanitarian standards and guidelines including Sphere, Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, Core Humanitarian Standards, IASC Gender in Humanitarian Action, GBV Guidelines, Oxfam GIE Minimum Standards.
- Significant experience of designing, setting up, planning and carrying out EFSVL program.
- Preferably demonstrated experience and knowledge of CVA (cash and voucher activities) and market-based programming (MBP).
- Enhanced collaboration and networking skills; representational, diplomatic and advocacy skills to enable the post holder to operate effectively within Oxfam KEDV and in external networks.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam KEDV safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam KEDV are as safe as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates can send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with FEST2023 code in the title. Also, we kindly ask you to specify Gaziantep, Kahramanmaraş or Hatay in the title of the mail for which region you are applying.
Kadın Emeğini Değerlendirme Vakfı
1986 yılından bu yana, yoksulluk ve eşitsizliklerin var olmadığı güçlü bir toplum oluşturmaya katkıda bulunmak amacıyla, kadınların yaşamlarını iyileştirme çabalarına destek olmak ve yerel kalkınmadaki liderliklerini güçlendirmek için çalışmaktadır. Bu doğrultuda bireysel ve kolektif kapasite geliştirme, kooperatifleşme, ekonomik güçlenme ve afet/göç alanlarında programlar yürütmektedir.
Kâr amacı gütmeyen bir sivil toplum kuruluşu olan KEDV, dar gelirli kadınların yoksullukla mücadeledeki uzmanlıklarına, ailelerini ve toplumu geliştirme, dönüştürme güçlerine inancıyla, onlarla ilkeli bir ortaklık anlayışıyla çalışmakta, tüm projelerini onların ve çevrelerinin sinerjisiyle geliştirmekte, yerel yönetimler ve toplumdaki diğer aktörlerle işbirliği yapmaktadır.
KEDV’in 29.01.2001 tarihli, 2001-2009 sayılı Bakanlar Kurulu kararıyla kamu yararına kuruluş statüsü bulunmaktadır.
- İş Geliştirme Koordinatörü - KOGEM
- İl Koordinatörü (Kadın Çocuk Merkezleri)
- Okul Öncesi Öğretmeni
- Sosyal Hizmet Uzmanı/Saha Çalışanı
- Geçim Kaynakları Takım Lideri
- Raporlama Uzmanı (MEAL)
- New Graduate (Monitoring & Evaluation)
- İzleme ve Değerlendirme Sorumlusu (MEAL)
- Saha Koordinatörü (İzmir)
- Finance Assistant
- İnsan Kaynakları Sorumlusu
- Gıda Mühendisi Danışman
- Proje Koordinatörleri
- Finance Officer
- MEAL Officer
- Satın Alma ve Lojistik Sorumlusu
- Food and Economic Security & Cash Officer
- Nahıl Misafirevi Sorumluları (Gaziantep, Samatya, Mardin, Şanlıurfa)
- Koruma ve İstismarın Önlenmesi Sorumlusu - Hatay
- MEAL Coordinator
- Food and Economic Security & Cash Assistant