To prepare and follow up on financial reports for donors (providing notes, archiving, and editing), ensure correct and accurate journal entries (expenses – accruals) and following up on all payments (donors – suppliers) and closing of accounting systems entries.
- Check and review daily expenses and payments.
- Enter daily expenses, payments, account transfers, and FX (Foreign currency) operations.
- Complete entries into the accounting system (Quick Books).
- Enter daily and monthly FX Rates and complete all related activities including preparing, printing, signing, and archiving supporting documents.
- Check and review monthly payroll, time sheets, salary slips and their entries.
- Prepare, print, archive and complete all entries related to the monthly cost allocation.
- Prepare, check, print, sign, archive and complete all entries related to monthly banks reconciliation.
- Prepare, print, sign, send, archive monthly financial reports and ensure all their supporting documents are prepared, completed and archived.
- Collect all documents related to the financial reports and send them to the donors.
- Follow up with the donors to ensure closing of all notes.
- Complete monthly projection and payment request from donors. This includes preparing, printing, signing, sending and archiving these requests.
- Full adhere to the general policy of the program department and the program department staff guidelines and work according to the assigned terms and procedures.
- Follow-up communication management, reporting and relationship development with the related clusters.
- Commitment to non-tolerance policy on PSEA issues, which MARS Organization adheres to.
- Commitment to community work standards (privacy and respect for teamwork).
- Commitment to the code of conduct related to child protection.
- Respect and apply all the principles of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and to show high commitment to report any exploitation or abuse occurring both within and outside the project activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of work and ethics in humanitarian work and adhere to the principles of protection.
- Adhere to the administrative controls and rules of MARS Organization and act in accordance with the policies governing the Organization.
- Continuous and permanent coordination with the management of the program department, and commitment to attend the periodic meetings, follow instructions, and recommendations of the department.
- Comply with the requirements for complete closure of the project as detailed in the Program Staff Manual.
Note: the above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountability may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Required Qualifications (Education/Languages/Work Experience)
- BA in Accounting or any similar field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Upper intermediate skills in the English language.
- Pre-intermediate skills in the Turkish language
- Experience in humanitarian work and principles.
- Verified experience in humanitarian work and principles.
- Verified experience in dealing with donor’s policies, procedures, requirements and compliance.
1. Technical Competencies (TC):
- Advanced knowledge in general entries.
- Advanced knowledge of bank and cash reconciliation.
- Advanced level in preparing financial reports.
- Basic knowledge in financial report analysis.
- Basic level in budgeting.
- Advanced level of financial Records management.
- Advanced knowledge in petty cash management.
- Advanced knowledge in QuickBooks Accounting systems.
- Advanced level in documenting & archiving financial documents.
- Advanced knowledge of financial supporting documents.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of cost allocation.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll management.
- Advanced knowledge of supplier’s payment principles.
2. Core Competencies (CC):
- Stakeholder Orientation.
- Planning and organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological awareness
Statements in this Job Description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of the position, but are not to bet interpreted as totally inclusive.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references via the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5WiNATMzN_AsbZPr9OUFMvhijceXMJcYG-V3kHeEczZBTtg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.