Finance Officer - Re Advertised (Ref: Finance Officer - Re Advertised(11697) - TUR1020)
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)
Job Title: Finance Officer - Re Advertised
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe's Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and North West Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Finance Officer - Re Advertised in Mardin
The position is to be filled by December, 2023, with a contract duration until end of the project. Employment location will be Mardin, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
The objective of finance officer is to support in partner monitoring and review process
- Provide day to day support to the Expert Finance Administrator according to tasks assigned him/her
- Monitor sub-recipient’s financial reporting and cash projections, provide with the analytical review of the burn rates as linked with the project implementation by the partner agency under the supervision of the project managers.
- Monitor Partners financial reporting and cash projections, provide with the analysis of the burn rates as linked with the project implementation by the partner organization under the supervision of the Finance Expert
- Monitor Cash on hand for Partners and reconcile the data as per their books vs WHH records
- Posting All partners financial reports on the accounting system
- Voucher quality control and preparing voucher supporting documentation
- Performing regular visits to the partners organizations for checking the original documents and monitoring cash payment, cash count and any other tasks assigned to him by his management.
- Replace Cashier in his/her absence
- Provide necessary documents and reports for internal controlling
- Support Finance Department in financial administration, including but not limited to verification of financial reports and statements, preparing for internal and external audits, capacity building of partner organizations, substituting other staff in the Finance Department during the absence
- Fulfillment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position
- The staff needs to make field visits to the Field Offices in Syria/Türkiye as requested by the supervisor or line manager.
In addition to the above, the Finance Officer may be asked to carry out other duties as requested by the supervisors and line managers.
- Education: A university or polytechnic degree or relevant training (e.g. in accounting or controlling)
- Work Experience: Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organizations
- Language Skills: An excellent knowledge of English and a good knowledge of Turkish and/or Arabic language skills are required.
- Good level of Excel knowledge is required.
- Skills Coordination and organizational skills, even under high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel
- Social Skills; Excellent communication and intercultural
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 04, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency. Your contact person is Veysel Akkor.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.