For Oxfam KEDV’s emergency earthquake response in Hatay or Gaziantep&Kahramanmaraş we are looking for a Finance Officer in Hatay.
The Finance Team is responsible for high quality financial management and programme support throughout Oxfam KEDVs programme, including that of partners, support programme team in development and implementation of the programme in line with the country business plan the finance team is responsible to provide quality financial management support to Oxfam KEDV across the programme locations: Gaziantep, Hatay. Managing the financial functions in the central and field offices. Working with other members of the finance team and partner organisations ensuring the implementation of efficient financial support systems for Oxfam KEDV.
The Finance team is responsible for ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of Oxfam KEDV’s operations in Turkey through management of the Oxfam KEDV finance processes and procedures.
To contribute to the management and operational services of finance including but not limited to administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements of our programme offices in Gaziantep and Hatay as well as ensuring compliance to Oxfam KEDV’s policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Handling finance queries, wide-ranging internal and external, including detailed information.
- Advice at a detailed level.
- Training and supporting project partners.
- Problems will vary but usually have established solutions.
- Manages own time to achieve departmental objectives.
- Ensures that financial transactions are accurate and accompanied by appropriate and relevant supporting documents before approval and are duly signed and approved by the Programme Manager or budget holder before recording in the books.
- Ensures that bank and cash payments and receipts are processed in a timely manner within the agreed timeframe of minimum 2 days and maximum 5 days after receipt of complete documentation and in accordance with Oxfam KEDV’s applicable accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures that financial records, both paper and electronic formats, are up to date, filled in an orderly manner, kept securely, and easily retrievable.
- Prepares the month-end reports including balance sheet reconciliations and make sure they are duly signed and authorized and submitted on time to the country office.
- Ensures there is an updated register for float, salary advances, prepayments, accruals, vehicle rent, contracted security company, etc. and support the finance team on daily cash management, and payment mechanism.
- Uploads weekly/monthly cashbook and journals into Oxfam KEDV’s system in a timely manner and as per agreed deadlines, for review and further processing.
- Maintaining up to date float registers, make sure the floats are liquidated in a timely manner and follow up with staff in Gaziantep, Hatay and/ or Maraş to clear their float balances in timely manner. Noting that a second float cannot be approved before the first one is cleared.
- Assist country finance manager in budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Prepare monthly/weekly bank reconciliations and make sure they are signed and authorised periodically or as and when required
- Prepare month end documents and reports, produce journals for miscoding adjustments on contracts, projects etc. as when required and input into Oxfam’s KEDV’s system.
- Involves in logistic activities by participating in Tender and Quotation evaluation committee and work with the logistics on conducting the physical count of assets.
- Assist programmed team to prepare Oxfam KEDV budget, or any activity, donor budget, phasing, forecasting, and requesting of funds etc. Assists in financial audits as and when required.
- Perform other tasks requested by and agreed with the Finance Coordinator and the appropriate Programme Manager.
Skills and Competence
- University degree in a finance related subject or professional accountancy qualifications or proven.
- Fluency in written and spoken Turkish
- Good level of English
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office is needed, especially MS Excel
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Awareness of and demonstrated commitment to Oxfam's values, mission and work.
- Finance experience with a high level of numeracy
- Proven ability to implement office and finance systems.
- Knowledge on various administrative and finance functions.
- Understanding of gender and diversity issues and commitment to promoting gender and diversity equity.
- Proven ability to manage resources and deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others to ensure compliance with Oxfam KEDV policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn/adapt to a fast-changing environment and numerous, conflicting job requirements.
Interested candidates can send their CVs to email@example.com with FO2023 code in the title.
**Please note that this is a rapid recruitment and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kadın Emeğini Değerlendirme Vakfı
1986 yılından bu yana, yoksulluk ve eşitsizliklerin var olmadığı güçlü bir toplum oluşturmaya katkıda bulunmak amacıyla, kadınların yaşamlarını iyileştirme çabalarına destek olmak ve yerel kalkınmadaki liderliklerini güçlendirmek için çalışmaktadır. Bu doğrultuda bireysel ve kolektif kapasite geliştirme, kooperatifleşme, ekonomik güçlenme ve afet/göç alanlarında programlar yürütmektedir.
Kâr amacı gütmeyen bir sivil toplum kuruluşu olan KEDV, dar gelirli kadınların yoksullukla mücadeledeki uzmanlıklarına, ailelerini ve toplumu geliştirme, dönüştürme güçlerine inancıyla, onlarla ilkeli bir ortaklık anlayışıyla çalışmakta, tüm projelerini onların ve çevrelerinin sinerjisiyle geliştirmekte, yerel yönetimler ve toplumdaki diğer aktörlerle işbirliği yapmaktadır.
KEDV’in 29.01.2001 tarihli, 2001-2009 sayılı Bakanlar Kurulu kararıyla kamu yararına kuruluş statüsü bulunmaktadır.
- İş Geliştirme Koordinatörü - KOGEM
- İl Koordinatörü (Kadın Çocuk Merkezleri)
- Okul Öncesi Öğretmeni
- Sosyal Hizmet Uzmanı/Saha Çalışanı
- Geçim Kaynakları Takım Lideri
- Raporlama Uzmanı (MEAL)
- New Graduate (Monitoring & Evaluation)
- İzleme ve Değerlendirme Sorumlusu (MEAL)
- Saha Koordinatörü (İzmir)
- Finance Assistant
- İnsan Kaynakları Sorumlusu
- Gıda Mühendisi Danışman
- Proje Koordinatörleri
- Finance Officer
- MEAL Officer
- Satın Alma ve Lojistik Sorumlusu
- Food and Economic Security & Cash Officer
- Nahıl Misafirevi Sorumluları (Gaziantep, Samatya, Mardin, Şanlıurfa)
- Koruma ve İstismarın Önlenmesi Sorumlusu - Hatay
- MEAL Coordinator
- Food and Economic Security & Cash Assistant