Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Officer – Budgeting and Reporting.
About the Job
Responsible for update and maintenance of master budget, creation of budget for new proposals and modification requests. Prepare various donor and special purpose financial reports. Producing relevant financial previsions and reports on a regular basis. Responsible for creation of budget vs actual reports for each project.
Geographic scope: Country (Turkey)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Budget control, planning and reporting
- Update and maintain a mission level master budget offline as well as in the ERP software.
- Ensure the implementation of shared cost tools.
- Liaise with program managers on regular budget monitoring.
- Prepare monthly BFUs showing spending in each project.
- Review transactions and ensure they are allocated to the correct projects.
- Prepare and use budget control tools for regular budget follow up.
- Inform finance manager and program managers about any major budget variances.
- Prepare donor financial reports and special purpose financial reports.
- Prepare budget modifications as per the inputs from program managers.
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting.
- Ensure daily transactions are uploaded to the ERP.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial report (with all supporting documentation attached to it)
- Ensure approved budgets derails are correctly entered in the ERP (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Use MS Power BI for preparation and verification of all financial reports.
Transfers, payments and bank reconciliations
- Verify bank payments ensuring that payment documents comply with DRC and donor regulations.
- Prepare bank reconciliation on a regular basis and inform finance manager regarding any variances.
- Ensure all expenses are entered in the DRC Dynamics in time with highest quality and correct coding.
- Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies.
- Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled.
- Monitor and clear all vendor accounts in ERP.
- Work as secondary cashier when needed, hold the cash accounts in COT, register the expenses in cashbook and upload to Dynamics, handover the accounts to main cashier when he/she is back to work.
To be successful in this role, you must have a university Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field.
- Experience in preparation of donor financial reports.
- Experience in providing inputs for budget development.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
- Fluency in local language: Turkish
- Experience of working in NGOs.
- Experience in preparing budgets and financial reports
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 Months
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Country Office (Adana)
Start date: 01.01.2024
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 26.11.2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer and we consider all applicants regardless of race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or marital status. We have a strong ambition to further enhance the diversity of our workforce and our goal is to achieve 50% gender balance and at least 50% representation of national staff in management roles. We acknowledge the importance of fostering a diverse and inclusive team to successfully achieve our organizational goals and positively impact the communities we serve.