Finance Manager (Ref: 191106.01)
|İMDAT YADIMLAŞMA DERNEĞİ||istanbul|
|Finance and Accounting Manager||Sivil Toplum|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
IMDAT is Turkish based non-governmental and non-for-profit organization, the HQ is based in Istanbul Turkey where it manages the Field Office in North West of Syria. IMDAT is active at FSL, Early Recovery, Shelter/NFI and Protection sectors. iMDAT is committed to the idea that humanitarian aid should be done with maximum involvement of local communities and resources. It also works to empower these local communities and utilize the local resources through building trust, collaboration, and accountability so that any humanitarian response is from the people, for the people.
The Finance Manager (FM) will be the focal point for all finance administration-related activities in the Office that support the Syria team and the Amman office.
The FM will also be responsible for all accounting and finance functions of the office, including; The development and revision of the annual operating budget and regional grants budgets, review and analysis of actual spending to budgets, preparation of journal entries, preparation of internal and external reporting; etc.
The FM will be supported by Jordan and Syria finance team for the processing and reconciliation of regional office accounting transactions.
Finance verification of Documents:
Review and verify all requests submitted by regional or HQ staff hosted by the regional office related to: Purchase Requests, Travel Requests, Travel Expense Reports, and other to ensure they are complete, accurate and supported by all relevant documentation and are authorized according to Authorization Approval Matrix.
Make sure that:
- Imdat policies and donor regulations are strictly adhered to;
- Expenses are allowable, allocable and reasonable;
- Correct account and charge codes are used;
- Calculations are correct (this includes test of the mathematical accuracy of invoices, receipts and supporting documents to payments).
Cost tracking and payments:
The Finance Manager will be supported by Jordan Office Finance team in data entry, payment processing, monthly payroll allocations, and reconciliation of balance sheet items.
- Work with Operation unit to track, review and verify bills received for facilities (office) including utilities, internet, maintenance, office and kitchen supplies, new furniture or equipment;
- Provide technical advice or support as needed to the operation unit regarding the follow up on payments to vendors for services;
- In coordination with HR, provide orientation for new staff on Imdat finance practices, processes and policies;
- Provide technical advice to IMDAT staff on finance related matters and support as needed;
Planning and Budgeting:
- Support in the development and update of the Annual Operating Budget; consult with relevant staff as needed to get needed input
- Determine actual and projected coverage of varied projects’ cost.
- Identify donors’ reporting requirements and develop standard reporting formats to aid in the consolidation of grant budgets and expenditures
- Support IMDAT team as requested in proposal development, reporting or specific projects.
Analysis of Actual Spending and comparison with budget:
- Ensure that program activities are on track according to plan;
- Ensure that all costs are supported with proper supporting documentation and comply with donor regulations on allowable costs;
- Maintain a system to track commitments and outstanding contract amounts;
- Provide management and budget holders with monthly actual-to-budget expenditure reports and analysis for all grants and unrestricted funds;
- Propose and prepare budget revisions/realignment as necessary;
- Prepare adjusting entries for review and approval.
Review, reporting, and forecasting:
- Review all costs charged by IMDAT offices (mainly Jordan, Syria office) to the budgets before they are submitted to Finance donor
- Produce required monthly and ad-hoc reports;
- Prepare donor reports enough time before deadline to ensure the reports are reviewed thoroughly and are accurate;
- Report any discrepancies/miscoding/missing entries that need to be adjusted manually in the report if the actual adjusting transaction cannot be entered in the accounting system before the end of reporting period;
- Develop accurate cash forecasts of the programs’ needs.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Executive Manager
Position directly supervises: Finance Officer
Indirect Reporting: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts: This position works closely with donor financial team.
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in finance administration, preferably with at least one year with an international NGO or multi-national firm;
- Proven experience of successful budgeting, including development of a budget, realignment, and spending according to plan;
- Very good analytical skills and willingness to get at the bottom of things;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in person and over the phone;
- Excellent organizational skills, for supporting, maintaining and tracking expenses and supporting documentation.
- Strong teamwork and coordination skills, in order to collaborate effectively with different program teams;
- Strong Remote Management Skills.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Fluency in Turkish and English;
- Arabic is a preferred
- Strong sense of personal integrity;
- Ability to improvise and be flexible when needed;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate adherence to the Code of Conduct, humanitarian principles, minimum standards of gender-based violence and minimum standards of child protection.
The IMDAT workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in Imdat Code of Conduct.
We welcome and encourage females to apply for this position to promote equality and challenge discrimination