We are a Syrian-led organization founded in 2007. We have supported Syrian communities in Syria, Turkey, Jordan, and the US since 2011. We've developed various innovative education projects, including community innovation centers (Karam House) for refugee teens in Turkey and a higher education scholarship program for refugee youth, as well as sustainable development and smart aid projects to address the evolving obstacles Syrians face.
We have built two Karam Houses, innovative workspaces for Syrian refugee teens, in Istanbul and Reyhanli, Turkey, which take on new innovative approaches to refugee education and learning. At Karam Houses, hundreds of Syrian refugee teens learn through access to cutting-edge technology (maker spaces, internet, computers), expert mentorship, and a sophisticated studio design-based curriculum to build their ideas and inspire their community. We are on a mission to grow 10,000 Leaders by 2028.
- You can work under pressure and in a team setting.
- You are highly organized and can prioritize tasks quickly.
- You can work alone and as part of a team.
- You have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- You are a learner who loves developing professionally and sharing new skills and insights.
- You have excellent Turkish and English language skills.
- Turkish Citizen.
Karam Evi is seeking a skilled Finance Associate with 1-3 years of professional experience to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments. Based in Karam House Reyhanli, the Finance Associate reports to the Associate Finance Manager and works collaboratively with the Financial Specialist. The Finance Associate assists in managing the finance department regarding administrative and accountancy issues. Finance Associate duties include working closely with our Financial Specialist to enter financial data and file/archive online and offline documents to ensure legal compliance. In addition, this associate position will process accounts payable and receivable while managing invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance/Accounting degree with experience in accounting and is familiar with QuickBooks Online accounting software. Ultimately, the Finance Associate’s responsibilities are to record all day-to-day financial transactions of our organization accurately.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to)
What We’re Looking For: Strongly Preferred
- Competency using Quickbooks Online
- Knowledge of Arabic/Turkish (in addition, English language is favorable).
- Experience with Google Suite and various software applications
Cash Flow and Bank Flow Management:
- Prepare cash and bank payments and ensure proper compliance with documentation
- Weekly control of cash boxes and reflection in accountancy software
- Support in the preparation of the salary information upon receipt of approved salaries
- Reconciliation of accounts when needed
Accountancy and Archiving
- Day-to-day bookkeeping in Quickbooks
- Ensure proper allocation and recording of the office
- Ensure records are up to date, scanned, and archived appropriately
- Monthly closure of cash activity
- Provide key support in the audit preparation process
- Work with a Financial specialist and legal accountant on accurate Karam Evi bookkeeping
- Work in a team setting
- Work inside the office & in the field
- Support the review of the Turkish Financial Report ( Mizan )
- Ensure proper and robust coordination between departments
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 1-3 years of experience working in the finance department with an NGO, preferably.
- Knowledge and experience in the Turkish accounting system, accounts code, and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of finance and operational controls regarding cash management.
- Competency using QuickBooks Online.
- Proven bookkeeping experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Competence in Google Workspace (G-Suite, includes Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Calendar, and Forms).
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and Sheets.
LOCATION: Reyhanli, Turkey.
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Saturday - Wednesday, 9:00 to 6:00 (1 hour lunch break)
COMPENSATION: The pay Scale is Based on the candidate's level of experience and qualifications and is paid in Turkish Lira.**
REPORTS TO: Associate Finance Manager
*At Karam Evi, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Karam Evi Derneği
We have built two Karam Houses, innovative workspaces for Syrian refugee teens, in Istanbul and Reyhanli, Turkey, which take on new innovative approaches to refugee education and learning. At Karam Houses, hundreds of Syrian refugee teens learn through access to cutting-edge technology (maker spaces, internet, computers), expert mentorship, and a sophisticated studio design-based curriculum to build their ideas and inspire their community.
We are on a mission to grow 10,000 Leaders by 2028.