Finance Assistant (Ref: 2309GZTP09)
|Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (Basmeh and Zeitooneh)||Gaziantep|
|Finance Assistant||Sivil Toplum|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
Job code: 2309GZTP09
Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği GvZ (Basmeh and Zeitooneh) is a non-governmental, non-profit civil society organization that has been supporting the most marginalized, desperate, and affected people since 2014. From the beginning, GvZ believes that its role is to create ways to empower those affected by developing their skills and reviving their sense of humanity and dignity. Through its community centers, GvZ provides women, youth, and marginalized groups with various humanitarian services such as relief aid, protection, education programs, and communication with other humanitarian actors on advocating for essential issues to bring to light. To this end, GvZ strives to continue honing people's skills to participate in peacebuilding and actively advocate for a democracy that reflects a diverse and socially connected society.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze, and report accurate and timely financial information.
- Documenting all finances received and spent in the form of cash and non-cash items
- Coordinate and process the payments.
- Filing the administrative documents as per GvZ administrative procedures.
- Follow up on center expenses
- Follow up on communication costs (Post-paid lines, recharge cards, etc.)
- Follow up on HR. related issues.
- Supporting in daily accountancy tasks (Preparing payments, filling invoices, etc.)
- Reconcile staff advances cash, and expenses reports.
- Manages procurement and finances as related to donor requirements and GvZ internal policies and procedures under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Verify timesheets and Support HR department in Payroll preparation.
- Assists in compiling and analyzing accurate financial information to prepare financial reports, including monthly and annual reports.
- Assists with any audit undertaken within the organization.
- Assists in the continuous development and improvement of the finance system
- Assists with negotiating any changes to the property contracts, or improvements to the property, with the landlord.
- Assists the Finance Manager with all administrative filing and records, and archiving.
- communicate all financial policies and templates with colleagues
- knowledge of Turkish labor law
- experience in NSSF, VAT, and Tax on salaries declaration
- Maintain and keep scanned copies of payments, Payroll, payslips, etc.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a similar field.
- BA in finance and accounting.
- Knowledge of business ethics and internal control
- Advanced computer skills with extensive experience in accounting software.
- Good command of the English and Turkish languages, and fluency in Arabic.
- Experience in the preparation of financial reports, and monitoring of budgets.
5. Competencies:(Key Skills, Behaviors and Knowledge):
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accurate reporting
- meeting donor requirement
- Achieving deadline
- coordinate to minimize, financial risks (external and internal level)
- high coordination with procurement and HR
- initiator and self-motivated
- proper documentation
- Logical skills
- Management skills
- Accounting and financial analytical skills
- An ability to multi-task with exceptional organizational skills
- Superior capability to plan, organize, and manage budgets
- Ability to manage and ensure compliance of inventory reports and data
- Respectful attitude
- Ability to work within a team
8. Application Process:
If you meet the required qualifications and conditions, we kindly request you to submit your electronic application including your CV through the following link: Application Form. or by clicking on the Application button above.
The deadline for submitting applications is before 11.12.2023.
GvZ is an equal opportunity employer. Women and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Although the advertisement is still in progress, we are eager to kickstart the selection process. Therefore, we encourage interested candidates to submit their CVs promptly as we will begin reviewing applications and conducting interviews in advance. Early submissions are highly encouraged to ensure consideration for this opportunity.
For inquiries about this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (Basmeh and Zeitooneh)
Through its community centers, GvZ offers a wide range of humanitarian services to women, youth, and marginalized groups, including relief aid, protection, educational programs, and collaboration with other humanitarian entities to advocate for critical issues. GvZ's primary goal is to enhance the capabilities of Syrians, enabling them to actively engage in the peacebuilding process and advocate for a diverse yet socially cohesive democratic society in Syria.