Position : Finance Assistant
Duty station: Gaziantep, Turkey
Line Manager: Deputy Finance Manager
GENERAL POST DESCRIPTION
The finance Assistant works closely with the Deputy Finance Manager and NWS Finance Manager provides support to both program and support departments with financial agenda.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL REPORTING LINES
In addition to working with Deputy Finance Manager and NWS Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant works with other Deputy Finance Managers in case of need for financial support in their assigned projects.
- Prepares project drawings for new projects, updates the ongoing drawings regularly, and helps analyze the spending rate of projects.
- Creates structures for new projects in the accounting system.
- Conducts allocation of shared costs and salaries among donors based on the rent lists and HR overview.
- Ensures the correct coding of costs per project and helps with corrections.
- Verifies correct posting of documents.
- Prepares data to support the answer to various donors’ queries.
- Ensures correct coding to Payment requests and other required documents.
- Supports the Deputy Finance Manager and NWS Finance Manager in the preparation of financial reports and fund requests.
- Supports other finance staff with ad-hoc financial issues, when requested by a Finance Manager.
- Other tasks assigned by the employee’s Line Manager corresponding to the actual needs of the mission, programs, and projects.
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by the employee’s Line Manager.
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, PIN Code of Conduct, PIN Key Policies, and relevant guidelines
- University degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics and other closely relevant field.
- Relevant professional experience of not less than 1 years.
- Familiarity/prior experience with Humanitarian/NGO sector would be an advantage.
- Strong sense of transparency and accountability.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required
- Computer/IT literacy (Particularly Microsoft Office programs).