Vacancy Notice Number:
Finance Assistant (Budget)
Ankara – Turkey
One Year Fixed Term (G5) – with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
30 May 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under overall guidance of the Senior Resources Management Officer in Ankara and under direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant (Budget) in Ankara, the incumbent will be responsible the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, compile and summarize information to be used for determination of reasonable unit cost for budgetary purpose.
- Assist RMO (Budget) in preparing yearly mission budget.
- Analysis market rate at least twice in a year to see variance in budget rate.
- Notify project manager minimum 3 months in advance for any surplus balance foreseen in S&O budget heading for necessary budget revision or alternative way to burn the budget.
- Create project structure in SAP, prepare BNP and coordinate with Manila for activation of project code in SAP.
- Assist project manager in budgeting for new project in absence of RMO (Budget).
- Create and maintain proper filing system of project documents.
- Coordinate with project manager to ensure cost is correctly charged against budget line.
- Recode budget line or GL as per necessity in coordination with PM and RMO Budget.
- Forecast expenditure in coordination with PM to ensure budget utilization is in timeframe of project.
- Monitor financial report to verify if expenditure is in line with approved budget and eligibility of cost charged in project using donor reporting template.
- Keep record and notify project manager on interim and final financial report due date to donor.
- Coordinate and follow up with procurement department, operations department for clearance of commitments due on/before closing of project end period.
- Prepare interim/final financial report using donor/IOM template before due date to donor.
- Assist in improving internal controls systems, the efficiency and timely delivery of finance (budget/reporting) services in mission.
- Mail correspondence with IOM HQ/Manila, other IOM mission worldwide and counter parts for necessary transactions.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in finance, business administration, or any other related fields with minimum three years of professional experience or
- High school degree with minimum five years of relevant professional experience
- Technical knowledge on SAP Finance Module is advantageous
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 30 May 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.