Finance & Accounting Officer -Türkiye (INARA) (Ref: FO-202311)
|Savaştan Etkilenen Çocuklara Yardım Derneği (SEÇ)
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)
Finance & Accounting Officer -Türkiye
- Application Deadline: on rolling basis until filled
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Period of Employment: 1 year, renewable based on performance and funding
- Salary: Competitive
- Experience Requirement:1 to 3 years
- English and Turkish: Fluent
INARA provides life-altering medical care and reconstructive surgery for children (0-18 years) who have injuries due to natural or human-induced disasters or unsafe living conditions and cannot access or afford treatment. INARA’s work consists of filling the gap in access to free-of-charge medical and surgical treatment. INARA also supports ongoing cases with medication, medical equipment (such as prosthetics, eyeglasses, glass eyes, and hearing aids), laboratory and diagnostic testing, transportation, accommodation prior/post-surgery, and other therapeutic regimens (speech therapy, physiotherapy, and psychotherapy). In addition, INARA provides psychiatric and psychological therapy services to children in need through its in-house mental health program.
Turkey's Accountant & Finance officer is responsible for overseeing the financial transactions of INARA, planning and developing budgets, forecasting future cash flows, preparing financial reports, planning, directing and controlling accounting and financial operations, preparing and disclosing the appropriate supporting documents of accounting transactions for management review, ensuring accurate records are kept by standard practices, and providing an appropriate expenditure control.
- Collect regular office and program bills after country manager approval and coordinate payments accordingly
- Post and process all cash and bank transactions to the accounting system (QuickBooks)
- Conduct cash, bank, and suppliers reconciliations on a regular basis
- Consolidate monthly cash projections of the project and advise accordingly regarding the exchange rate.
- Maintain a strong financial archiving system in both hard and electronic forms.
- Check all documents presented to the finance department for completeness by ensuring that the supporting documentation is accurate, mathematically correct, fully coded with appropriate project and account codes, translated into English, and approved by the appropriate person.
- Liaise with service providers regarding office matters (electricity, internet, server, etc.)
- Check and verify that all payments are completed in accordance with the Financial and procurement regulations.
- Work closely with staff on developing their department's monthly financial forecasts and submit them to the Country Manager
- Coordinate office petty cash expenditures and conduct cash counts with the country manager on a regular basis.
- Provide support in developing budgets for grant applications
- Collect and review time sheets.
- Lead the payroll cycle by preparing the monthly slips, developing the payroll spreadsheets, initiating the payments, and ensuring accuracy in accordance with the submitted timesheets.
- Working as a focal point with the legal accountant by submitting all needed forums such as Payroll.
- Oversees received payments with the legal accountant
- Review expenditures and set up petty cash balances on a monthly basis.
- Producing monthly financial reports and an annual budget
- Prepare Financial reports for donors, Fundraising Officers,... etc.
- Prepare monthly reports and supporting documents for the legal accountant and support him with the annual reports.
- Preparing cost allocation, and sharing it with the staff
- Authorizes payments from a finance perspective (double checks fund availability in the budget and fund availability in the financial accounts).
- Reviews the procurement paperwork for completion, follows up on any issues found, records financial transactions linked to the procurement, and has access to all procurement paperwork filed for future auditing.
- Being willing to any support required by the team.
- Coordinate closely with our Liaison &Operations Coordinator.
- Perform any other tasks requested by the Country Director.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Skills in Quickbooks
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in Turkish and English is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and reporting skills.
- Competence in Microsoft office, and data collection tools.
- Decision-making skills for acting on policies and strategies.
- Turkish Citizenship (is required)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your updated CV and a cover letter in English, detailing how you meet the responsibilities and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, with FO-202311 as the subject line. CV-only applications will not be considered, submitting a cover letter is required. and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.