Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs..
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya-Afrin , the Field Officer is under the line management of the Syria Field Manager in Antakya Office.
Representation/ Duties and Responsibilities
- Focal point in coordinating with local authorities’ offices at site level within relevant coordinating bodies Serves as the point of contact.
- Assist the supervisor in leading the operation team in the adherence to the work plan and accomplishment of targets and determination of factors affecting program implementation as well as planning and execution of action to mitigate the negative impact.
- Maintain site-specific program management tools, namely but not restricted to work plans.
- Assist the supervisor in procurement plans, HR plans and pipelines in consultation with relevant managers at field level
- Ensure coordination with logistics, finance, IT and HR to ensure optimal program implementation.
- Assist in overseeing and following of DDD policies and procedures relating to finance, logistics, HR and security.
- Assist in emergency funding – with the team, identify funding opportunities and contribute to the design of new program concepts and support of DDD emergency program development.
- Stakeholder mapping – Assist the supervisor and be responsible for researching and recording humanitarian and local authority activities, by sector and by region – to identify program gaps and to strengthen coordination of activities and general relationships with other organizations in coordination with the field Coordinator.
- Reporting – Facilitate and assure accurate and well-documented reporting internally within DDD and to donors assure that such reporting contributes to the effective
- management of the program and meets donor quality standards and compliance regulations.
- Security – Ensure monitoring of the security situation by the security focal point and ensure implementation of security rules and regulations.
- Follow Security and contextual development in Turkey and prepare weekly/monthly updates for reporting;
- Inform supervisor in case of any incident that may have an impact on the Safety and Security of the team or partners;
- Update security and context mapping and provide presentation to team on the development;
- Maintain agendas and minutes of the team meetings;
- Representation and Outreach – Represent DDD to donor bodies, the Ministry of Health, UN agencies, other NGOs and local authorities in the field.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and is not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Budget Management- Assist in program budget management at site level – decides on budget allocations in consultation with field coordinator.
- Together with the field coordinator and finance manager ensure that field site is within budget limits and projected spending Human Resource Management
- Provide direct support and supervision to the field site's HR lead, ensuring recruitment, staff orientation, payroll preparation, leave management and exit management processes are carried out on timely and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff in the field site know and understand DDD in-country HR policies and standards for professional conduct.
- Assist the supervisor in documenting and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the HR Coordinator.
- Liaises with HR and relevant technical leads to identify performance indicators for each supervisee in terms of technical and programmatic objectives at the field level.
- Identify training needs and address the same by coordinating with relevant technical and department heads at the field level.
- In consultation with the HR department and field coordinator, recommend appropriate corrective action for staff who breaches DDD HR policies and donor regulations. This includes corrective and disciplinary action in case of non-adherence to technical standards Finance, Logistics and Information Management at the field level.
- In close coordination with the supervisor, Finance and Logistics departments, ensure proper financial, logistics and information management systems and control mechanisms are in place and adhered to in line with the DDD in-country finance and logistics policies.
- Provide supervision and leadership to the field site's logistic personnel.
- Assist the supervisor to review and ensure timely submission of finance and logistics reports from the field site as required.
- Assist the supervisor in consolidating site inputs for donor reports, proposal development and relevant reports to be submitted onward to the grants unit
- Flags to supervisor, relevant grant technical leads and SMT concerns which may negatively affect program implementation and present proposed solutions after consultation with field team Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Ensures that assigned program staff at the field level and with consultation of supervisor, updates and maintains relevant databases, follows up with relevant program supervisors perform quality of care and supervisory functions documented by developed tools.
- Coordinates with the MEAL team in monitoring site –specific accomplishments against targets with consultation of supervisor.
- Consults with the supervisor technical leads in the interpretation and analysis of collected data.
- Seeks the guidance of relevant technical leads ensure that all interventions relevant to program interventions are adhering to technical standards
- Preparing monthly Safety report in coordination with supervisor;
- Prepare weekly security report in coordination with partners focal points.
- Compile monthly project activities report and submitting to supervisor;
- Contribute to donor reporting related to project activities;
- Any other report requested by supervisor.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- Degree in relevant fields in health and social sciences
- Familiarity with major donors including ECHO, SDC & UN Agencies.
- At least 4 years’ experience working within the humanitarian sector with increasing responsibility.
- Strong supervisory and field skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Team player with high ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel at least 75% of the time to program locations in coordination with other program and operational colleagues.
- Required: English & Arabic
- Preferred: Turkish
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website .
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 24.11.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.